Why is it now one is talking about if this site is vulnerable to heartbleed or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Uh-oh, something went wrong.
What went wrong?

This error means that I can't tell if the server is vulnerable (probably not). This might be because:

• broken pipe, connection reset by peer and timeout errors are rising now, they are probably counter-measures, firewalls and IPS closing the connection or sink-holing it when they detect a heartbeat
  • broken pipe is also caused by the unaffected IIS server
  • timeout is apparently also caused by patched servers that don't respond to our "quit" message. This happens with a patched server, but is not a green since the same behavior might be caused by my servers being overloaded, so I can't be sure.
  • tls: oversized record received with length 20291 (and sometimes EOF) means that the service uses STARTTLS and I still need to implement it. Use the command line tool meanwhile, with -service=ftp/imap/....
  • the server might not exist (check spelling) or not being online on that port, check in your browser (connection refused)
  • there might simply be a bug in my site
  • if the error below is a timeout then my servers are under too heavy load, probably

I need answers, i really need to no.:mad: & if so when will it be fixed?

I need answers, i really need to no.:mad: & if so when will it be fixed?

I ran a tests and they keep coming back positive.

I ran a tests and they keep coming back positive.

It seems to me no one is taking this stuff serious:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
It seems to me no one is taking this stuff serious:mad:
@Terry Ganzi, we do:mad: '..take this stuff serious-ly' as you. Remember, members here ranging from novice to advanced are not much different in how we are like Sailing Men, wary of pirates,:rolleyes: whilst navigating the treacherous internet seas where there :eek:be Monsters lurking in the depths below!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.