Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
CNET: Why Ultra HD 4K TVs are still stupid (Read full story)
The flood of TVs with higher resolution than 1080p is inevitable, but at typical TV sizes, quadruple the pixels makes no difference in picture quality and are not worth the extra price.

"The eye has a finite resolution" ... "84-inch TVs are never going to mainstream" ... "Viewing distance hasn't changed" ... "4K is easy to market" ... "There are no standards"

Bottom line
Nothing I say will stop Ultra HD. Look no further than our own CES coverage for proof of that. TV manufactures are smelling margin like blood in the water. This is something they can do, now, and for a profit. So it's happening, whether it's necessary or not. Instead of improving aspects of the image that need fixing, we get 4K because it's easy to do, easy to sell, and easy to demo. Awesome.

So before you jump down my throat for being "anti-technology" or "anti-innovation," understand I just want better picture quality in the home, for less money, and Ultra HD 4K is not the best way to do it.

What are you views on UHD / 4K resolution TVs?

D

Deleted member 178

i prefer a smelling feature on TVs so The Rock can say :

StH7yYD.png

more seriously , TV channels cant even reach those resolutions so it is useless for now

D

Deleted member 178

My phone is Full HD lol

And movies i play on it has great quality ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.