Advice Request Why Your Android Phone Gets Hot according to Avast

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

E

Eddie Morra

Avast seems to be turning into a Comedy Central joke company this year. What on earth has happened to it?
Leadership is messed up.

Avast is focused on generating more income and that is it. They are going to any new low to succeed with this. They almost became bankrupt awhile ago as well, so it is no surprise.

The employees at Avast are incredibly smart and talented but they aren't being used to their full potential. Not even close to their full potential.

If Avast had a huge leadership change and the focus became protecting people from cyber-threats instead of optimisation utilities, data analytics, etc. then Avast would become great again.

The same applies to companies like Facebook, Microsoft and Google. Bad leadership.

It isn't the employees who are the issue - they just do what they are told so they can afford to put bread on the table for their families - it is the leaders who make the decisions and screw things up.

By "leadership" I am not just referring to the CEO, but also the management controlled by the CEO and the people on the board who get a vote and have the ability to force the CEO into making decisions under law.

They have lost their way and ruin everything they touch as we've seen CCleaner become destroyed and AVG turn into a farm for data analytics to be used in Jumpshot. Maybe they will see the light and change their ways before it is too late, but at this point, I'd rather just see Avast become "nothing", because they've annoyed too many people.

jackwilli

Level 3
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
I installed Avast free on my old pc last year as it was recommended as best free antivirus. But it almost killed my PC. Yes after uninstalling it I installed Bitdefender total security 6 months edition which is also heavy but i felt that too light relatively to this JUNK avast.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
I installed Avast free on my old pc last year as it was recommended as best free antivirus. But it almost killed my PC. Yes after uninstalling it I installed Bitdefender total security 6 months edition which is also heavy but i felt that too light relatively to this JUNK avast.

This is about Phone, not PC.

anyway here you go:
Discuss - Low Spec PC (2 GB RAM/ CPU Intel B950) Which antivirus should I install?
Help Me Decide - Lightweight Anti-Malware with Real-time Protection (Paid or free)?

Reactions: vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.