Win 10, CFW AND 360...

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
ok, my wife treated herself to a new laptop w/Win 10 installed... myself, a Win 7 user, know nothing about 10... so has anyone encountered any problems with CFW and/or Qihoo 360 on a Win10 system? Any advice will be welcome. Cheers.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

In my experience Qihoo 360 works well on Windows 10. Comodo Firewall has been known to cause Blue Screens etc... But I have never personally experienced anything like that.

Reactions: Dirk41

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I didn't had any issue with 360 Total Security on Windows 10. Only thing that happened was getting 1-2 false positives during a scan, which was easily fix by excluding the files.

As for Comodo. I hardly use the HIPS, but everything else seemed to be working fine initially. It was a couple of days ago, when Comodo sandbox stopped working properly. I couldn't get my browsers to run sandboxed for some reason. I imagine it was due to the disappearing rules bug(@hjlbx might be able to explain to you more about this bug), but I can't confirm if it was that.

So, to recap. 360 should work fine. But it might be better to wait until the new version of Comodo is out and properly ironed out to try it. Of course you can try Comodo if you want to, this is simply a suggestion.

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I haven't used either mentioned software on Windows 10, but out of the box, the user is protected against malware and viruses. If you browse the Comodo and 360 (Qihoo) sub-forums, you'll be sure to find some Windows 10 related issues.

Comodo
360 (Qihoo)

I think 360 should be less of an issue with Windows 10.

Reactions: hjlbx

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
I've been using CFW since I migrated to Windows 10 and haven't had any conflict nor slow downs. I recommend.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.