Status
Not open for further replies.

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
68x18j.jpg

what do you think from your experience ?

Reactions: MrExplorer
D

Deleted member 178

Win10 own them all.

this kind of tests are absurd, using old OS on latest machines... of course the old OS optimized for less good spec machines will win.

as if i test Windows3.1 on the latest machine... of course Window3.1 wins...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: technology

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
From what i see here i will stick to Windows 7. :)
i know it still early to judge win 10 right now, there are some driver not compatible yet, but from my experience win 10 v.smooth, performance is similar to win8 and abit faster in other operation specially boot time

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 178

to be serious the test should be done with each OS using a machine available the time of its release (like a Pentium 3 machine with win98/xp , etc...)

So another fake test made to bash Win10

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
There is a simple explanation there, Windows 7 came to be a so called 'nearly perfect' OS where its such a pretty straightforward and not yet engaged on metro style for tablets, however since the arrival of Windows 8; the focus makes it a little bit nowhere and Windows 10 revamp should solve any problematic performances.

technology

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
to be serious the test should be done with each OS using a machine available the time of its release (like a Pentium 3 machine with win98/xp , etc...)

So another fake test made to bash Win10
but refer to these three OS it works with same requirements, thats will be different situation when comparing older OS than vista

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
There are still drivers that aren't fully optimized for Windows 10. Also, testers need to concern usage power (CPU) for the background apps which are taking it drainage periodically in Windows 8.1 and especially in Windows 10 as those 2 systems has more apps running in the background while operating than Windows 7.

Reactions: technology

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
From what i see here i will stick to Windows 7. :)

They didn't use Windows 7 RTM or Windows 8 RTM, or 8.1 RTM. Big difference, when you look at it that way.

I will upgrade before the 12 month deadline, but at the moment i am in no hurry after two failed update attempts. :D

Are they Failed attempts as noted in Windows Updates? Two options:
- Wait till your PC is ready for the update.
- Use the Media Creation tool to update, use upgrade.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.