Advice Request WinAntiRansom Plus alternative

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Hello guys,
my WinAntiRansom license is almost over and I do not know if such a renew or exchange with another (better) anti-exe software.
What can you recommend?
No matter if it is paid, free, beta ...... just be stable and have a good detection,
and to be user friendly ( im not the only one ho use this computer).

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Voodooshield free in Autopilot mode is the perfect free alternative for WAR

with the free version, you have no custamization but the autopilot mode works just fine and better for free version
The smart mode and always on work better with the paid version due to some customizations

W

Wave

Has someone information about this anti ransomware or has tested it?

AntiRansomware - Abelssoft.net
Based on reading the information on it's home page you linked too, it seems like it explicitly monitors modifications to a set of three folders (on the free version) and up to 7 (on the paid version) for suspicious ransomware-implying activity, so I doubt it is system-wide in general via dynamic analysis, but probably watching specific folder modifications by programs in designated areas. :)

Or that is how I understood the website at least...

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
There is always free version of FoolishIT CryptoPrevent.
SecureAPlus is also a good protection based on the whitelisting.

Reactions: cryogent

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
SecureAPlus is not an AV security suite?
I have already installed ESET IS and do not want conflict between them
SAP does have a cloud antivirus component, but this does not conflict with your resident AV. SAP is not as strong as Voodooshield, but on the other hand, it also doesn't have issues like voodooshield.

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Thanks everyone for answers,
i will try voodooshield free for the moment, if i will not been comfortable (issues) with him i switch to another software.

Reactions: shmu26

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Hi fellows, i"m back with conclusions, so far i like Voodooshield how react and is light compared with WAR.
Is possible to make combo with reHIPS?
have anyone this combo?

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hi fellows, i"m back with conclusions, so far i like Voodooshield how react and is light compared with WAR.
Is possible to make combo with reHIPS?
have anyone this combo?
yes, you can combo VS with ReHIPS.
both apps are pretty friendly to other apps, and they are friendly to one another, too.

Reactions: cryogent
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.