Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Now, at the end of dec, are the bugs pretty much worked out?
Or are people still experiencing problems and rough edges with kaspersky on win10?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I think actual KTS/KIS2016MR0d is quite stable in W10, anyway there is a new 2016MR1 in RC (Release Candidate) stage that will come (official release) probably in January 2016, which comes with better support for W10, and some new improvements...

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
thanks.
why do you think I am seeing "disconnected" in cloud protection?
error: kaspersky security network service is currently not available

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Are You using some sort of VPN? which type of InterNet connection do You have?

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
no VPN.
I have a wired ethernet connection
no proxy that i know of
private network, last I checked
my ISP does some filtering, but that shouldn't bother me too much, they won't block me from kaspersky

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Ok, then maybe You have installed some other security (or not) application that may be interfering with Kaspersky.

My advice is that You create a thread with Your issue in Kaspersky Official Forum, posting Your GSI report.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
before installing KTS, I uninstalled webroot secureanywhere, and malwarebytes anti-exploit, and I restarted.
I have no more security software, other then my on-demand scanners: MBAM and Crystal Security.
I think I will create a thread on kaspersky's forum.

Reactions: harlan4096

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
before installing KTS, I uninstalled webroot secureanywhere, and malwarebytes anti-exploit, and I restarted.
I have no more security software, other then my on-demand scanners: MBAM and Crystal Security.
I think I will create a thread on kaspersky's forum.

Did you used Webroot Secure Anywhere uninstall tool to get rid of its traces? If not, then you might head to link for the instructions for fully uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere. Installation Support

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
thanks for tip, I will run their uninstaller

N

NOLF92

I've had zero issues, but I'm running on Windows 7 HP, so I don't know about Win 10 users.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
No issues here, MR1 has been released, but the installer(s) etc., take a few weeks. Set Kaspersky to Harlan's config seems pretty solid.

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.