Advice Request Windows 10 Anti Spy Tools

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaDi0AcTiVe MaN

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 1, 2015
There are many Anti-Spy Tools out.

How risky is it to use one of these? Can it make Windows 10 unusable?

Does it work or is it just a placebo?

Would like if someone shares his/her experience.

L

LabZero

Until now I've used SpyBot Anti-beacon (on Windows 7) and It has not created any problem, only thing ZAM reported the host file changed but it is normal.
About this app, It is not a placebo because it actually does some changes especially to system registry level.
You can revert this changes any time.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Last edited:
L

LabZero

I also use same SpyBot Anti-beacon, but also:

Phrozen Software™ - Official Website

And also tried this batch file posted in nsane forums:

(Updated 19/09/2015) Disable Windows 7/8/8.1 Telemetry (+Bonus Services) Version 0.2.11 - Software Updates

And this interesting freeware tool from O&O Software:

O&O ShutUp10: download free antispy tool for Windows 10

Though not updated since long time ago, still valid for some tweaks in W8 & W10:

About xp-AntiSpy | Offizielle Homepage des xp-AntiSpy
Yes, I known Phrozensoft thanks to @Sr. Normal, I'll try It :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well those anti-spy tools are clearly label to disable those tracking which are known based on numerous information released on web that considered as SAFE, hence as an assurance where very minimal chance to cause issues. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.