Win 10 Ent LTSB/N

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Any one run Win 10 Enterprise LTSB or LTSB N Edition?

How is your experience? Please share here...

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB (Long Term Servicing Branch) is like Windows 10 Enterprise but will not receive any feature updates, gives companies more control over the update process and is the most stripped down edition of Windows 10 available. It lacks the following applications and features:
  • Store including most modern apps like Xbox, Contacts, etc.
  • There are only four remaining modern apps: Contact Support, Search, Settings and Windows Feedback
  • It is also not possible to reinstall the Store
  • Cortana
  • Edge
  • Windows Media Player (only N-Version)

The following applications are replaced with their old counter part:
  • Modern Calculator is replaced with the original calc.exe
  • Photos is replaced with Photo Viewer as used by Microsoft till Windows 8.1

Any one run Win 10 Enterprise LTSB or LTSB N Edition?

How is your experience? Please share here...
it`s ok:)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Better use the original Enterprise edition then

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
It looks like a good option to me. How can I download it. Can it be activated with windows 10 pro.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I read quite a lot on LTSB/N Edition

Whatever I could gather or understand -
LTSB Edition doesn't have metro apps, etc... but have media stuffs like WMP, etc... LTSB N doesn't have metro apps, etc... & doesn't have WMP, etc... too. But anyone wants media stuffs on LTSB N can download the pack as its officially available. After media pack install you can uninstall Windows Media Player & keep core media stuffs required by some sites, games, etc... that uses Windows inbuilt media stuffs.

I think LTSB N is a good option...pure desktop experience. But damn its enterprise edition.

Updates & features are there. Security updates & bug fixes are there like other Win 10 & features i.e core features updates are there. Upgrades may come in a year or 2 i.e LTSB Edition is still in 10240 build if I am correct.

Licenses are edition specific i.e LTSB needs LTSB lic & LTSB N needs LTSB N lic, etc...

I have tried to give correct info to the best of my knowledge.

The thing I am not clear is about software/third party software, etc... compatibility.
As upgrades may come in a year or 2 i.e as mentioned above & if I am correct LTSB edition is still on 10240 build, could there be probs with compatibility of third party programs i.e could third party software cease support for builds i.e 10240, etc... after sometime & thus third party software may not work or not work properly on old/not supported builds?
Can anyone give info on this?

Reactions: jogs
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
When we knows how Windows depends on fixes, i won't use a version updated every 2 years !

This version is for machines/systems that never changes , like in many companies. The admin install the OS , install the required softs for the company then lock everything, because users (employee) aren't supposed to install anything and the company computers aren't deployed for surfing or using security softs or whatever. for that you have the home/pro versions.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.