Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaXY

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
Howdy

I was going through some steps to lock down my Windows 10 machine and I have come across the following in Local Group Policy:

1. Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation - this sounds like a really good idea but when I set it to "Disabled", when I try to run (say) regedit as an elevated/admin user I get prompted to type in my username/password but no option to use PIN as an option? Is this possible?
  2. Require trusted path for credential entry - I already have UAC turned up to the max setting and login with a SUA, is there any further benefit to enable this setting? If I enable this setting I have to click through the following two screens before I am prompted with the UAC prompt to enter my password or PIN:
upload_2018-2-11_11-54-44.png

upload_2018-2-11_11-54-52.png

3. Disable or enable software secure attention sequence - I'm tempted to enable this option and set it to "None" in the drop down box:

upload_2018-2-11_11-57-55.png

Is there any risk/downside to doing this?

4. Boot-start Driver initialization Policy: I'm also tempted to set this to "Enabled" and then set the option in the drop down box to "Good only":

upload_2018-2-11_12-0-8.png

Hopefully this doesn't brick my machine! I have UEFI and Secure Boot enabled.

Are the above good options to enable to further lock down a Windows 10 machine?

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
SAS is somewhat buggy. Sometimes the SAS alert is invisible and then you cannot execute the application. Some weeks ago it prevented the Windows Update to finish and froze the Admin account. I had to reboot in the safe mode. I used the SAS protection as an option in Hard_Configurator.

ParaXY

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
SAS is somewhat buggy. Sometimes the SAS alert is invisible and then you cannot execute the application. Some weeks ago it prevented the Windows Update to finish and froze the Admin account. I had to reboot in the safe mode. I used the SAS protection as an option in Hard_Configurator.

Group Policy is full of bugs and unexpected behaviors. Admins and others have complained about it for years.

Windows is atrocious. It's full of bugs, unexpected behaviors, and an absolute ton of undocumented stuff.

@Andy Ful: I think I shall give SAS a miss then, thanks for your input!

@Lockdown: I agree about the undocumented stuff. This is what interests me as there are loads of useful security features in Windows 10 that can be enabled/configured to help secure and harden a system. Why these options aren't exposed via the GUI is anyone's guess. For some of the options in my original post I have Googled them and tried to find answers online but failed so far. Most websites tell you HOW to enable/disable these options but I'm more interested in WHY you should enable/disable this options and what benefits they bring.

ParaXY

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
I only use my desktop at home so I'm not sure if changing the SAS policy option is useful for me?

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

ParaXY

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
Here is some good infos on the technical side of the inner workings that actually explain the rationale behind SAS and it being in Group Policy in the first place - which I think you are searching for:

What's the rationale behind Ctrl-Alt-Del for login

If you are paranoid enable it.

I do use "Ctrl+Alt+Del" on my logon screen. Always have always will. The default in Windows 10 is to *not* do this which is annoying. Thanks for the link.

Are you saying that if I am paranoid I should enable/disable the "Disable or enable software secure attention sequence" option in local group policy?

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

ParaXY

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
But there is nothing about Windows 10 on this website!

I already enabled this policy! but its buggy and sometimes the alt+ctrl+del doesn't work so i have to restart the pc and try that again.

That link takes you to Linux tools. I am using Windows 10 so it's not going to help me. Is there a Windows 10 type alternative?

I do use "Ctrl+Alt+Del" on my logon screen. Always have always will. The default in Windows 10 is to *not* do this which is annoying. Thanks for the link.

Are you saying that if I am paranoid I should enable/disable the "Disable or enable software secure attention sequence" option in local group policy?

If you have enabled CTRL + ALT + DEL to login then you are already using SAS.

ParaXY

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
Then what is the local group policy "Disable or enable software secure attention sequence" for?

Then what is the local group policy "Disable or enable software secure attention sequence" for?

Apparently it does the same thing. There is no documentation so you have to search the web and hopefully find answers.

I've never used SAS in GPO. I am looking at the screenshots of it you posted and the descriptions of SAS look absolutely Mickey Mouse to me.

The "simulation" part makes no sense but evidently it means something to some Microsoft personnel somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

ParaXY

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
I don't think they are the same thing. To enable Ctrl+Alt+Del on a workgroup Windows 10 machine you need to make the following registry change:

Code:
;Enable Secure Sign in screen (Ctrl + Alt + Del:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"DisableCAD"=dword:00000000

The enable/disable SAS setting changes the following registry location:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"SoftwareSASGeneration"=dword:00000000 (or 1/2/3)

I don't think they are the same thing. To enable Ctrl+Alt+Del on a workgroup Windows 10 machine you need to make the following registry change:

Code:
;Enable Secure Sign in screen (Ctrl + Alt + Del:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"DisableCAD"=dword:00000000

The enable/disable SAS setting changes the following registry location:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"SoftwareSASGeneration"=dword:00000000 (or 1/2/3)

LOL. OK. This is where I leave.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
ParaXY you can do this:
1-Get anvir task manager free from here:https://www.anvir Run the tool and it will disable a lot of junks that put your privacy and security at risk.
2-DW Wise Program Uninstaller and remove every windows application that you don't want easily with 1 click no need PowerShell or boring steps..
2-run this batch :
Code:
:: GROUP POLICY

:: Privacy - Disable Microsoft Help feedback.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Assistance\Client\1.0" /v "NoExplicitFeedback" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Assistance\Client\1.0" /v "NoImplicitFeedback" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Assistance\Client\1.0" /v "NoOnlineAssist" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Assistance\Client\1.0" /v "NoActiveHelp" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable and configurate Input Personalization and reporting.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\InputPersonalization" /v "RestrictImplicitInkCollection" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\InputPersonalization" /v "RestrictImplicitTextCollection" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\HandwritingErrorReports" /v "PreventHandwritingErrorReports" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\TabletPC" /v "PreventHandwritingDataSharing" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\InputPersonalization" /v "AllowInputPersonalization" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\InputPersonalization" /v "RestrictImplicitInkCollection" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\InputPersonalization" /v "RestrictImplicitTextCollection" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\HandwritingErrorReports" /v "PreventHandwritingErrorReports" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\TabletPC" /v "PreventHandwritingDataSharing" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable Geolocation in Internet Explorer.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Geolocation" /v "PolicyDisableGeolocation" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Security option - Enable Internet Explorer phising filter.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PhishingFilter" /v "EnabledV9" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PhishingFilter" /v "EnabledV9" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable Internet Explorer InPrivate logging.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Safety\PrivacIE" /v "DisableLogging" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Safety\PrivacIE" /v "DisableLogging" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable Internet Explorer CEIP.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SQM" /v "DisableCustomerImprovementProgram" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SQM" /v "DisableCustomerImprovementProgram" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Privacy - Disable enhanced, and other, suggestions.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer" /v "AllowServicePoweredQSA" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DomainSuggestion" /v "Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes" /v "TopResult" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Suggested Sites" /v "Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "AutoSearch" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\WindowsSearch" /v "EnabledScopes" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Privacy - Disable continuous browsing.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ContinuousBrowsing" /v "Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Security - Enable DEP and isolation in Internet Explorer.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "DEPOff" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "Isolation64Bit" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable prefetching in Internet Explorer.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PrefetchPrerender" /v "Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Privacy - Disable crash detection in Internet Explorer.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions" /v "NoCrashDetection" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy (optional) - Send the Do Not Track (DNT) request header in Internet Explorer.
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "DoNotTrack" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy (optional) - Clear browsing history on exit in Internet Explorer.
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Privacy" /v "ClearBrowsingHistoryOnExit" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Security - Disable SSLv3 fallback, and the ability to ingore certificate errors, in Internet Explorer.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v "CallLegacyWCMPolicies" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v "EnableSSL3Fallback" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v "PreventIgnoreCertErrors" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: General - Force enabled HTTP/2 in Internet Explorer.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v "EnableHTTP2" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable Windows Messenger CEIP.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger\Client" /v "CEIP" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger\Client" /v "CEIP" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f

:: General (optional) - Disable Windows Messenger.
:: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger\Client" /v "PreventRun" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger\Client" /v "PreventRun" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: General - Prevent Windows Messenger from running at startup.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger\Client" /v "PreventAutoRun" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Security (optional) - Disable Flash player in Edge.
:: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Addons" /v "FlashPlayerEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Addons" /v "FlashPlayerEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Privacy (optional) - Send the Do Not Track (DNT) request header in Edge.
:: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main" /v "DoNotTrack" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main" /v "DoNotTrack" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy (optional) - Disable third-party cookies in Edge.
:: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main" /v "Cookies" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Prevent data collection in Edge, and generally improve privacy.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main" /v "PreventLiveTileDataCollection" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\EdgeUI" /v "DisableMFUTracking" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\EdgeUI" /v "DisableRecentApps" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\EdgeUI" /v "TurnOffBackstack" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Security option - Enable Edge phising filter.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\PhishingFilter" /v "EnabledV9" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\PhishingFilter" /v "EnabledV9" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy (optional) - Clear browsing history on exit in Edge.
:: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Privacy" /v "ClearBrowsingHistoryOnExit" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Privacy" /v "ClearBrowsingHistoryOnExit" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: General - Disable help prompt in Edge UI.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\EdgeUI" /v "DisableHelpSticker" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\EdgeUI" /v "DisableHelpSticker" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable search suggestions in Edge.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\SearchScopes" /v "ShowSearchSuggestionsGlobal" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Privacy - Disable and configure Windows Spotlight for privacy.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v "ConfigureWindowsSpotlight" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v "DisableTailoredExperiencesWithDiagnosticData" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v "DisableThirdPartySuggestions" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v "DisableWindowsSpotlightFeatures" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v "DisableWindowsSpotlightOnActionCenter" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v "DisableWindowsSpotlightWindowsWelcomeExperience" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v "IncludeEnterpriseSpotlight" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Privacy/Security - Disable the password reveal button.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CredUI" /v "DisablePasswordReveal" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main" /v "DisablePasswordReveal" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CredUI" /v "DisablePasswordReveal" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable telemetry (or set to Basic in non-enterprise versions).
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection" /v "AllowTelemetry" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat" /v "AITEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection" /v "AllowTelemetry" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection" /v "DoNotShowFeedbackNotifications" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection" /v "LimitEnhancedDiagnosticDataWindowsAnalytics" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: General - Hide "People" bar in File Explorer.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer" /v "HidePeopleBar" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable the Windows Connect Now wizard.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WCN\UI" /v "DisableWcnUi" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable and configure Windows Error Reporting.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting" /v "Disabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting" /v "DontSendAdditionalData" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting" /v "DoReport" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting" /v "ForceQueueMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW" /v "DWNoExternalURL" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW" /v "DWNoFileCollection" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW" /v "DWNoSecondLevelCollection" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\PCHealth\HelpSvc" /v "Headlines" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\PCHealth\HelpSvc" /v "MicrosoftKBSearch" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceInstall\Settings" /v "DisableSendGenericDriverNotFoundToWER" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceInstall\Settings" /v "DisableSendRequestAdditionalSoftwareToWER" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting" /v "Disabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting" /v "DontSendAdditionalData" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Security - Disable and configure Windows Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop Services.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v "AllowSignedFiles" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v "AllowUnsignedFiles" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v "DisablePasswordSaving" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Conferencing" /v "NoRDS" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WinRM\Service\WinRS" /v "AllowRemoteShellAccess" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v "AllowSignedFiles" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v "AllowUnsignedFiles" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v "CreateEncryptedOnlyTickets" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v "DisablePasswordSaving" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v "fAllowToGetHelp" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v "fAllowUnsolicited" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services" /v "fDenyTSConnections" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services\Client" /v "fEnableUsbBlockDeviceBySetupClass" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services\Client" /v "fEnableUsbNoAckIsochWriteToDevice" /t REG_DWORD /d 80 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services\Client" /v "fEnableUsbSelectDeviceByInterface" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\StandardProfile\RemoteAdminSettings" /v "Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\StandardProfile\Services\RemoteDesktop" /v "Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\StandardProfile\Services\UPnPFramework" /v "Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Privacy - Disable metadata retrieval in Windows Media Player.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsMediaPlayer" /v "PreventCDDVDMetadataRetrieval" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsMediaPlayer" /v "PreventMusicFileMetadataRetrieval" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsMediaPlayer" /v "PreventRadioPresetsRetrieval" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WMDRM" /v "DisableOnline" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable feedback in Office.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\feedback" /v "enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\feedback" /v "includescreenshot" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Privacy - Disable data collection and telemetry in Office.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\general" /v "notrack" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\general" /v "optindisable" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\general" /v "shownfirstrunoptin" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\ptwatson" /v "ptwoptin" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\firstrun" /v "bootedrtm" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\firstrun" /v "disablemovie" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\osm" /v "enablefileobfuscation" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\osm" /v "enablelogging" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\osm" /v "enableupload" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\osm\preventedapplications" /v "accesssolution" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\osm\preventedapplications" /v "olksolution" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\osm\preventedapplications" /v "onenotesolution" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\osm\preventedapplications" /v "pptsolution" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\osm\preventedapplications" /v "projectsolution" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\osm\preventedapplications" /v "publishersolution" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\osm\preventedapplications" /v "visiosolution" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\osm\preventedapplications" /v "wdsolution" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\osm\preventedapplications" /v "xlsolution" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\osm\preventedsolutiontypes" /v "agave" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\osm\preventedsolutiontypes" /v "appaddins" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\osm\preventedsolutiontypes" /v "comaddins" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\osm\preventedsolutiontypes" /v "documentfiles" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\osm\preventedsolutiontypes" /v "templatefiles" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable saving/login to OneDrive in Office.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\general" /v "skydrivesigninoption" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\signin" /v "signinoptions" /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f

:: Privacy (optional) - Prevent Office from connecting to the Internet.
:: reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\internet" /v "useonlinecontent" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: General - Disable online Fax services.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\services\fax" /v "nofax" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Security - Block Macros and other content execution.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\access\security" /v "vbawarnings" /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\excel\security" /v "vbawarnings" /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\excel\security" /v "blockcontentexecutionfrominternet" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\excel\security" /v "excelbypassencryptedmacroscan" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\ms project\security" /v "vbawarnings" /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\ms project\security" /v "level" /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\outlook\security" /v "level" /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\powerpoint\security" /v "vbawarnings" /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\powerpoint\security" /v "blockcontentexecutionfrominternet" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\publisher\security" /v "vbawarnings" /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\visio\security" /v "vbawarnings" /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\visio\security" /v "blockcontentexecutionfrominternet" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\word\security" /v "vbawarnings" /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\word\security" /v "blockcontentexecutionfrominternet" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\word\security" /v "wordbypassencryptedmacroscan" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\common\security" /v "automationsecurity" /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f

:: Privacy/Security - Disable external content by default in Outlook emails.
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\outlook\options\mail" /v "blockextcontent" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\outlook\options\mail" /v "junkmailenablelinks" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Security - Enable automatic updates for Office.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\officeupdate" /v "enableautomaticupdates" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\officeupdate" /v "hideenabledisableupdates" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable online repair in Office.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\officeupdate" /v "onlinerepair" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\office\16.0\common\officeupdate" /v "fallbacktocdn" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Privacy - Disable CEIP for apps, and generally.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\AppV\CEIP" /v "CEIPEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows" /v "CEIPEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: General (optional) - Disable Biometrics.
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Biometrics" /v "Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Security - Enable enhanced face spoofing protection.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Biometrics\FacialFeatures" /v "EnhancedAntiSpoofing" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy (optional) - Disable the camera.
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Camera" /v "AllowCamera" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Privacy - Disable Find My Device.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\FindMyDevice" /v "AllowFindMyDevice" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Security - Disable pushing of apps for installation from the Windows store.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\PushToInstall" /v "DisablePushToInstall" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Prevent Search Companion from downloading files from Microsoft.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\SearchCompanion" /v "DisableContentFileUpdates" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy (optional) - Disable speech recognition udpates.
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Speech" /v "AllowSpeechModelUpdate" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Privacy - Disable app syncing.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\UEV\Agent\Configuration\Windows8AppList\Microsoft.BingFinance_8wekyb3d8bbwe" /v "SyncSettings" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\UEV\Agent\Configuration\Windows8AppList\Microsoft.BingMaps_8wekyb3d8bbwe" /v "SyncSettings" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\UEV\Agent\Configuration\Windows8AppList\Microsoft.BingNews_8wekyb3d8bbwe" /v "SyncSettings" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\UEV\Agent\Configuration\Windows8AppList\Microsoft.BingSports_8wekyb3d8bbwe" /v "SyncSettings" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\UEV\Agent\Configuration\Windows8AppList\Microsoft.BingTravel_8wekyb3d8bbwe" /v "SyncSettings" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\UEV\Agent\Configuration\Windows8AppList\Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe" /v "SyncSettings" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\UEV\Agent\Configuration\Windows8AppList\Microsoft.Reader_8wekyb3d8bbwe" /v "SyncSettings" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\UEV\Agent\Configuration\Windows8AppList\Microsoft.XboxLIVEGames_8wekyb3d8bbwe" /v "SyncSettings" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\UEV\Agent\Configuration\Windows8AppList\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe" /v "SyncSettings" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\UEV\Agent\Configuration\Windows8AppList\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe" /v "SyncSettings" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Privacy - Change NTP server to pool.ntp.org
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\W32time\Parameters" /v "NtpServer" /t REG_SZ /d "pool.ntp.org,0x8" /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\W32time\Parameters" /v "Type" /t REG_SZ /d "NTP" /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\W32time\TimeProviders\NtpClient" /v "CrossSiteSyncFlags" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\W32time\TimeProviders\NtpClient" /v "EventLogFlags" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\W32time\TimeProviders\NtpClient" /v "ResolvePeerBackoffMaxTimes" /t REG_DWORD /d 7 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\W32time\TimeProviders\NtpClient" /v "ResolvePeerBackoffMinutes" /t REG_DWORD /d 15 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\W32time\TimeProviders\NtpClient" /v "SpecialPollInterval" /t REG_DWORD /d 1024 /f

:: Privacy - Disable app access to user advertising information.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AdvertisingInfo" /v "DisabledByGroupPolicy" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable Inventory Collector.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat" /v "DisableInventory" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable Steps Recorder.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat" /v "DisableUAR" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable (force deny) app access to personal data.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessAccountInfo" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessCalendar" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessCallHistory" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessCamera" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessContacts" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessEmail" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessLocation" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessMessaging" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessMicrophone" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessMotion" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessNotifications" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessPhone" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessRadios" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessTasks" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsAccessTrustedDevices" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsGetDiagnosticInfo" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsSyncWithDevices" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f

:: General (optional) - Disable all apps from running in the background.
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppPrivacy" /v "LetAppsRunInBackground" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f

:: Privacy - Disable Windows Tips.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v "DisableSoftLanding" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Windows Consumer Features.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v "DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Security - Disable projecting (Connect) to the device, and require a pin for pairing.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v "AllowProjectionToPC" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CloudContent" /v "RequirePinForPairing" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WirelessDisplay" /v "EnforcePinBasedPairing" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\PresentationSettings" /v "NoPresentationSettings" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Security - Disable Mobile Device Management (MDM) enrollment.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MDM" /v "DisableRegistration" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy/Security - Only download Windows Updates from LAN peers, and Microsoft servers.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeliveryOptimization" /v "DODownloadMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable device metadata retrieval from the Internet.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Device Metadata" /v "PreventDeviceMetadataFromNetwork" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: General (optional) - Disable automatic driver updates.
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DriverSearching" /v "DriverUpdateWizardWuSearchEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Security - Force enable Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer" /v "NoDataExecutionPrevention" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System" /v "DisableHHDEP" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Security - Disable Autorun.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoAutorun" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoDriveTypeAutoRun" /t REG_DWORD /d 255 /f

:: Security - Disable Active Desktop.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "ForceActiveDesktopOn" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoActiveDesktop" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoActiveDesktopChanges" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop" /v "NoAddingComponents" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop" /v "NoComponents" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Security - Disable desktop Gadgets.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Windows\Sidebar" /v "TurnOffSidebar" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Windows\Sidebar" /v "TurnOffUnsignedGadgets" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable online content in Explorer.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "AllowOnlineTips" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoInternetOpenWith" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoOnlinePrintsWizard" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoPublishingWizard" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoWebServices" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable recent documents in Explorer.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "NoRecentDocsHistory" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "ClearRecentDocsOnExit" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable game screen recording.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR" /v "AllowGameDVR" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Privacy - Disable game information and options retrieval from the Internet.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameUX" /v "DownloadGameInfo" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameUX" /v "GameUpdateOptions" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Security/Privacy (optional) Disable HomeGroup.
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\HomeGroup" /v "DisableHomeGroup" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable location and sensors.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\LocationAndSensors" /v "DisableLocation" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\LocationAndSensors" /v "DisableLocationScripting" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\LocationAndSensors" /v "DisableSensors" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\LocationAndSensors" /v "DisableWindowsLocationProvider" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable automatic downloads of Map data.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Maps" /v "AllowUntriggeredNetworkTrafficOnSettingsPage" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Maps" /v "AutoDownloadAndUpdateMapData" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Privacy - Disable the Network Connectivity Status Indicator.
::reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\NetworkConnectivityStatusIndicator" /v "DisablePassivePolling" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\NetworkConnectivityStatusIndicator" /v "NoActiveProbe" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable OneDrive for file storage.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive" /v "DisableFileSyncNGSC" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive" /v "DisableLibrariesDefaultSaveToOneDrive" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Privacy - Disable Windows Insider Program.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\PreviewBuilds" /v "AllowBuildPreview" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\PreviewBuilds" /v "EnableConfigFlighting" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

:: Security - Force process digital certificates when running executables.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\safer\codeidentifiers" /v "authenticodeenabled" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable setting sync.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisableSettingSync" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisableSettingSyncUserOverride" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "EnableBackupForWin8Apps" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisableSyncOnPaidNetwork" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable setting sync for each item.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Messaging" /v "AllowMessageSync" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisableApplicationSettingSync" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisableApplicationSettingSyncUserOverride" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisableAppSyncSettingSync" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisableAppSyncSettingSyncUserOverride" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisableCredentialsSettingSync" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisableCredentialsSettingSyncUserOverride" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisableDesktopThemeSettingSync" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisableDesktopThemeSettingSyncUserOverride" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisablePersonalizationSettingSync" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisablePersonalizationSettingSyncUserOverride" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisableStartLayoutSettingSync" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisableStartLayoutSettingSyncUserOverride" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisableWebBrowserSettingSync" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisableWebBrowserSettingSyncUserOverride" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisableWindowsSettingSync" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync" /v "DisableWindowsSettingSyncUserOverride" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Security - Disable picture passwords.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System" /v "BlockDomainPicturePassword" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable lockscreen app notifications.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System" /v "DisableLockScreenAppNotifications" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable the Windows Connect Now wizard.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WCN\Registrars" /v "DisableFlashConfigRegistrar" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WCN\Registrars" /v "DisableInBand802DOT11Registrar" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WCN\Registrars" /v "DisableUPnPRegistrar" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WCN\Registrars" /v "DisableWPDRegistrar" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WCN\Registrars" /v "EnableRegistrars" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WCN\UI" /v "DisableWcnUi" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy - Disable Cortana.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "AllowCloudSearch" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "AllowCortana" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "AllowCortanaAboveLock" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "AllowSearchToUseLocation" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "ConnectedSearchUseWeb" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "DisableWebSearch" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy option - Disable Windows Defender.
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v "DisableAntiSpyware" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v "ServiceKeepAlive" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Real-Time Protection" /v "DisableIOAVProtection" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Real-Time Protection" /v "DisableRealtimeMonitoring" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scan" /v "DisableHeuristics" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Security option - Do not allow users and apps to connect to malicious websites.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Windows Defender Exploit Guard\Network Protection" /v "EnableNetworkProtection" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

:: Privacy (optional) - Disable Microsoft account user authentication.
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftAccount" /v "DisableUserAuth" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
:: reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "NoConnectedUser" /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f

reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsInkWorkspace" /v AllowSuggestedAppsInWindowsInkWorkspace /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Software Protection Platform" /v NoGenTicket /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power" /V HiberbootEnabled /T REG_dWORD /D 0 /F
:: Security option - Enable SmartScreen.
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System" /v "EnableSmartScreen" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System" /v "ShellSmartScreenLevel" /t REG_SZ /d "Warn" /f
I customized this bat by myself! it's safe and will not break the windows.
3-Disable all unnecessary services(just google it to see what is that service), NetBIOS, some useless protocols like IGmp and Smb and Ipv6
4-http://www.thewindowsclub.com/set-period-defer-upgrades-updates-windows-10
4-Use a good firewall like I use Eset(it has a lot of settings and features).
I harden my windows in this way.

Last edited:

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Some computers can be set to require the SAS when logging to the account or run applications with elevation (using different policy settings than the above). The "Disable or enable software secure attention sequence" policy was created for sending of Ctrl-Alt-Del (SAS) on the remote computer. You can enable/restrict/disable this by properly setting this policy. This of course makes sense if the SAS is enabled.
Why SAS is good for security?
When for example, you execute the program that requires elevation, then when using this setting, you first will see the SAS alert, press OK, and then press CTRL+ALT+DEL to see UAC window. The malware cannot replicate this behavior (cannot do CTRL+ALT+DEL programmatically). This is an additional security when the malware is going to fool you showing the fake UAC alert and next stealing your admin password.
Post was edited.

Last edited:

When you execute the program that requires elevation, then when using this setting, you first will see the SAS alert, press OK, and then press CTRL+ALT+DEL to see UAC window. The malware cannot replicate this behavior (cannot do CTRL+ALT+DEL programmatically). This is an additional security when the malware is going to fool you showing the fake UAC alert and next stealing your admin password.

The WinLogon CTRL + ALT + DEL is also a part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.