Advice Request Windows 10 Mobile Security Guide

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
This guide provides a detailed description of the most important security features in the Windows 10 Mobile operating system—identity access and control, data protection, malware resistance, and app platform security.

Smartphones now serve as a primary productivity tool for business workers and, just like desktops or laptops, need to be secured against malware and data theft. Protecting these devices can be challenging due to the wide range of device operating systems and configurations and the fact that many employees use their own personal devices. IT needs to secure corporate assets on every device, but also ensure the privacy of the user’s personal apps and data. Windows 10 Mobile addresses these security concerns directly, whether workers are using personal or corporate-owned devices. It uses the same security technologies as the Windows 10 operating system to help protect against known and emerging security threats across the spectrum of attack vectors. These technologies include:

The reason i bought a Windows Phone, and im seriousy happy with it :D

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Too bad that Microsoft do not pay enough attention to their mobile system.
It could be one of the best on the market but the lack of apps is slowly killing it.
Totally agree.
I have a Microsoft 550 just to do my job and i am satisfied with it since i don't need much from a smartphone.
But last week Viber announced that at the moment is stopping it's Windows mobile app.
If Microsoft wont do something to keep these developers on it's platform then my only solution is that my next phone will be running
Android. Apple smartphones are too expensive for me.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Do Windows Phone still have better hardware than Android's or did competition made the vendors step up?
You mean according to the price right?
In terms of price and moving to mid-range and high-end phones then yes
Windows phones have great hardware which come at a very good price.
But the last year competition offer now better hardware but there is of course an increase in pricing.
A good example of Windows phone is the 950 XL. Just look for it;)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
You mean according to the price right?
In terms of price and moving to mid-range and high-end phones then yes
Windows phones have great hardware which come at a very good price.
But the last year competition offer now better hardware but there is of course an increase in pricing.
A good example of Windows phone is the 950 XL. Just look for it;)

I have the Lumia 950XL :D

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I have the Lumia 950XL :D
I know that's why i mentioned it;)
I envy you. Last year i didn't have enough money to buy the 950 XL so i was forced to settle with 550.
Now that i have the money i hesitate to buy it. I want more support from Microsoft for Windows Mobile

Reactions: enaph

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I know that's why i mentioned it;)
I envy you. Last year i didn't have enough money to buy the 950 XL so i was forced to settle with 550.
Now that i have the money i hesitate to buy it. I want more support from Microsoft for Windows Mobile
Maybe it's possible to boot Android whenever that happens.

Reactions: tonibalas

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Better for business, not so much for the consumer.

Ditched Windows Phone 8.1 and plan on removing devices running Windows 10 Mobile in the near future. In my opinion, Windows 10 for Desktop and Xbox are better in many ways.

Android and iOS are more stable and just as secure as a modern WinX Mobile. Don't give me that Antivirus crap for Android, because you're the fool behind the phone, not the OS. :)

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I had a Lumia 640 and I loved the OS (the phone not so much, too cheapy for me) - safe, fast. However many apps were not available and many others were simply not up-to-date or even abandoned.
I was forced to switch to Android (Galaxy A5 2016). The abundancy of the Play Store and the existence of launchers made me forget Windows quickly.
Unfortunately Microsoft is slowly killing Windows Mobile. Probably we will be informed in the next few months of the official decision.

Reactions: Dani Santos
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Yes if you look for a leisure phone , Android is the way to go; but if you need to do serious stuff nothing can challenge the symbiosis between Win10 Mobile and Win10 PC. Main reason i bought my 950XL, all is synchronized and work like a well greased machine.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
I had a Lumia 640 and I loved the OS (the phone not so much, too cheapy for me) - safe, fast. However many apps were not available and many others were simply not up-to-date or even abandoned.
I was forced to switch to Android (Galaxy A5 2016). The abundancy of the Play Store and the existence of launchers made me forget Windows quickly.
Unfortunately Microsoft is slowly killing Windows Mobile. Probably we will be informed in the next few months of the official decision.

I still have a Lumia 640 and I love the phone, bought it for 100€ 2 years ago and it still has a great camera, the cpu is still enough for today's tasks and 720p screens are still used in this price range. So while it has all the apps I need and the usability it's still decent then It's a keep for me. I also have a cheap 50€ android 6.0 phone just in case :)

I also don't think they are killing the Windows Mobile, but instead they are making it more like the desktop Windows 10, you can see this with Windows 10 Arm (it will make possible run win32 apps on your phone with continuum) and Windows 10 cloud (which only runs store apps) is an attempt to bring more developers to the Windows Store.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I also don't think they are killing the Windows Mobile, but instead they are making it more like the desktop Windows 10, you can see this with Windows 10 Arm (it will make possible run win32 apps on your phone with continuum) and Windows 10 cloud (which only runs store apps) is an attempt to bring more developers to the Windows Store.
Awesome, i love my WinPhone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.