Windows 10 Settings shows Sign In, how to remove?

carl fish

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
I have a question about windows 10, in my settings page there is my name with local account at the top and under that it says sign in why is this and how do you get rid of it?
1589546376601.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
These changes are new to Windows 10 May 2020 Update, the Settings panel now shows your Microsoft Account details.

Microsoft are obviously pushing Windows 10 users to link their Microsoft Accounts, so (You) have access to further MS services such as 365 (Office subscription) and Rewards (Powered by Bing).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Maybe someone else can assist, as I have that KB installed and do not see those new Settings changes.

Reactions: Protomartyr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.