Not open for further replies.

MalwareFire

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
Hi, my graphic card is old. But the drivers for windows 7 is 13.9
In windows 8 is 13.1
About performance, this will give impact in performance if i install windows 8/8.1 ?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi, my graphic card is old. But the drivers for windows 7 is 13.9
In windows 8 is 13.1
About performance, this will give impact in performance if i install windows 8/8.1 ?
The latest Graphics for the latest Updated OS should work well without any issues.

Reactions: Kent

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
yes but is can be more fast in windows 7 because the version is more update
Display/graphics drivers does not boost your system, it provides only good clarity to ur screen with less flickering during the PC usage and only optimize ur display effects.
As u have mentioned ur graphics driver is old, it may be incompatible with some games or HD videos, this causes ur pc to run with more CPU usage i believe. Old or new it donesnt matter unless the game graphics itself adjusts to the Video Card settings. I believe in some cases like this overclocking might help you run ur applications smoothly, but the performance might dropdown if u are using a laptop.
If u are updating ur graphics card always update it through the vendors site itself.

MalwareFire

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
Display/graphics drivers does not boost your system, it provides only good clarity to ur screen with less flickering during the PC usage and only optimize ur display effects.
As u have mentioned ur graphics driver is old, it may be incompatible with some games or HD videos, this causes ur pc to run with more CPU usage i believe. Old or new it donesnt matter unless the game graphics itself adjusts to the Video Card settings. I believe in some cases like this overclocking might help you run ur applications smoothly, but the performance might dropdown if u are using a laptop.
If u are updating ur graphics card always update it through the vendors site itself.
you say graphic driver does not boost the system but boost the games

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How old is your "old graphics card"?

What is a driver?
A driver is software that allows your computer to communicate with hardware or devices. Without drivers, the hardware you connect to your computer—for example, a video card or a printer—won't work properly.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/what-is-driver

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
you say graphic driver does not boost the system but boost the games
Graphic Driver boosts your computer display. Not your computer itself.

No driver boosts any thing inside a computer
If driver remains the same and u are using an updated game with superior graphics then it will not run smoothly (in your words its called slow !) and causes lagging in the display or the video that you play or poor photo viewing/editing experience.

The only primary way of boosting your system is having more than sufficient amount of Ram.
The secondary part is staying secure and infection free.
Then comes the way u maintain ur pc with the files that u operate and store and erase(Ex: Temporary Files Causes Slow Browsing Experience & Junk Files Causes Slow Pc Operation Experience).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.