Advice Request Windows 8’s No-Aero Desktop Interface Leaks

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Windows-8-s-No-Aero-Desktop-Interface-Leaks-2.png

One of the major changes that Microsoft announced for Windows 8’s interface was the lack of the Aero Glass that users were already accustomed to in Windows 7 or Windows Vista.

Read More and see 2 more screenshots

Interface looks fine to me. I am happy with the Basic theme I am using On Windows 8 RP.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
No. They will completely drop the Aero Glass in the final version. But surely someone's going to create a patch to make it work, like how they created one for Windows 7 Starter and Home Basic.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well with Aero Interface its like more awesomeness OS and good looking to the eye.

For Windows 8 since a pretty fine on that style but if they remain with transparency feature then its better.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
:) Nothing I can't easily adjust too honestly. Looking forward to installing the final and giving this a go.

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
I like the new look.
Windows 7s Aero interface has always been pretty but somehow distracting.

D

Deleted member 178

I like Aero because you can have transparent "glass" effects. Hope we will have the option to enable it.

P

Plexx

To be honest, I prefer a matte look than the transparent glass effect. Only reason I haven't change it yet in my system is because I can't be asked to find a decent grey theme.

I suppose there will always be 4 types of audiences:
1 - audience that likes and embraces new ideas
2 - audience that refuses to embrace new ideas for quite some time
3 - audience that doesn't particularly like new ideas but is keen to give it a go and give it some time.
4 - audience that doesn't really care so much about new or old ideas as long as they can customize accordingly (I fall mainly on this category)

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Considering that I've used XP until SP1 for Win7 was released I probably belong to #2 (audience that refuses to embrace new ideas for quite some time). Another issue with Win8 is that it requires a learning curve. Most companies are still on XP and I doubt that they will invest in training their personnel to use Win8. Companies will probably switch to Windows 7 and skip Win8 (as they did with Vista).

D

Deleted member 178

Biozfear said:
To be honest, I prefer a matte look than the transparent glass effect.

i like transparent, i did it with Waterfox ^^

4 - audience that doesn't really care so much about new or old ideas as long as they can customize accordingly (I fall mainly on this category)

Im on this one too

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Yes I have a serious douubt that W8 will be skipped. But I have one more major doubt too. I think once apps come up for metro and users start accepting it W9 will see completely switchover from Normal desktop mode to a metro based common UI. I think w8 was released so that users and adjust and new apps pump for metro.
Earth you can get a black basic theme by following my guide here http://www.techishare.com/windows/change-color-basic-theme-windows-7/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.