Advice Request Windows 8.1 Will Not Work On Some Older PCs.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aztony

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
Forums can be a great source of information. If you want to know how well a product is doing, if there are any issues and how frequent or severe, just search around associated help forms. A current topic right now is how Windows 8.1 is refusing to upgrade on some Windows 8 machines running older hardware specs. I haven’t personally seen any official or editorial reports as to why this might be, but the forums do end up shedding some light.

Apparently, Microsoft has altered the System Requirements twixt Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 to include an additional item affecting some older CPUs and motherboards.
http://www.davescomputertips.com/windows-8-1-will-not-work-on-some-older-pcs/

Freddyand5

Verified
Sep 18, 2013
Not only Older, but also on new machines. i get error code 0×80070004 stating "An error has occurred and the installation was unsuccessful. Try again.”" every time i try to update to Windows 8.1... I have Lenovo G505.. Is it too old to have this latest advancement ? :/

aztony

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
Freddyand5 said:
Not only Older, but also on new machines. i get error code 0×80070004 stating "An error has occurred and the installation was unsuccessful. Try again.”" every time i try to update to Windows 8.1... I have Lenovo G505.. Is it too old to have this latest advancement ? :/
Windows 8.1 installation error 0x80070004
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_install/windows-81-installation-error-0x80070004/970909c3-e03e-4cd6-ac09-97d3dea3cc62?page=3

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.