Advice Request Windows 8 Brings Xbox Live to the PC

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
Microsoft has released massive amount of information about its upcoming Windows 8 operating system, but the most important detail, at least for PC gamers, is the fact that the company's Xbox Live online service, currently available just on the Xbox 360 console, will be coming to computers with the new OS.

Microsoft's gaming efforts have resulted in huge success stories, like its Xbox 360 which is now dominating its opposition in North America, but also some lackluster failures, like its Games for Windows Live initiative, that tried to bring a system like Xbox Live to computer games.

Now, after practically admitting that GFWL wasn't going anywhere and merging it into the Xbox.com portal, Microsoft has confirmed that the next step in its PC gaming strategy is to actually bring Xbox Live on the PC, with the help of the new Windows 8 operating system.

read more

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's make perfect sense to do this, both Xbox and Windows are Microsoft products.

Since I am neither of the two, I wonder what Xbox and PC gamers think?

I might be tempted to play PC games, depending how the system works. Haha.

D

Deleted member 178

i was an HC gamer but now i dont play video games anymore... (damn rogue !!! he stabbed me when i was AFK ! die die die !!!!) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.