Windows 8 Security

KelvinW4

Level 1
Thread author
May 8, 2012
What Free AV's/ HIPS
are completely free in Windows 8?
Which ones are completely compatible with it?
For (e.g) I see avast! Free has lots of bugs.....
Comodo is still in beta...

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
comodo internet security 5.12 is not in beta its compatible with windows 8 btw i'm using the beta one on windows 8 pro wmc

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
A great starting place to check for Compatibilities with Windows 8:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/Home

Else check the Developers website for more information, as well as Support Forums.

KelvinW4

Level 1
Thread author
May 8, 2012
Yes, even Avast is there, but I see the forums swarming with BSODs or black screens ;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
KelvinW4 said:
Yes, even Avast is there, but I see the forums swarming with BSODs or black screens ;)

I have tested both Avast free and Avast Internet Security and both ran fine on Widows 8 Pro/WMC 64 bit

KelvinW4

Level 1
Thread author
May 8, 2012
Its really a gamble because it works well on some and crashes systems on others:exclamation:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.