Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
The Start menu is likely to be the highlight for many users of Windows 9. While it went away in Windows 8, the feature is making a triumphant return in Windows 9 and now we have a second look at the menu.

One thing is clear, this build will likely leak in the near future as it is now outside the hands of Microsoft and partners clearly have no issue with handing over the bits to the blogs. Posted below, we have a second video that shows off the Start menu but this time, we can see what happens if you remove all of the Modern apps.

If you want a Windows 7-style Start menu and have no intention of using Modern apps, Microsoft has good news for you. After removing all of the apps, you get a Start menu that looks a lot like the one from Windows 7.

While these partner builds do not contain all of the features that will be shipped with Windows 9, we are starting to get a good taste of some of the more basic elements.

Source: YouTube | Via: Winfuture.de

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Windows 9 is starting to look good to me from what i viewed here. I may just switch over to it. I tried Windows 8 for about 3 days and went back to Windows 7 smartly. Thanks for the video. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.