Windows Creators Update issues with your AV?

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
AVG Internet Security v2017 is running flawlessly here (v17.3.3011 (build 17.3.3443.0)). Has been noticed by that fancy new security center from the beginning, did an upgrade of my Win10 installation on my laptop, and a fresh install of Win 10 CU on my main PC.

EDIT: While HitmanPro scan, PC (laptop) performance drops to almost unusability. Once scan is finished, everything comes back to normality.
ZAM has come down from 21:04 to 07:53 this time (I removed a game though), and HMP went up from 10:58 to 18:13.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Check with your vendor that their latest builds support Creators Update.

Uninstall your security - I recommend this method
Disable all protection
Keep protection running​

Last night, I updated a PC to Creators Update with Avast disabled and have yet to experienced anything unusual. I did disable all shields prior to running the update. - See my Edit a few posts down.

Software bugs that are build specific, are an issue with the Antivirus and up to the vendors to fix. Again, check the latest version supports Creators Update.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Avast Free worked fine. But the system slowed down((
Zemana AL was crushed(((
As result I deleted ZAL and Avast Free;)
Windows 10 may have been updating/installing Store apps or checking for system updates.

Edit to my post:
I created a new local Admin account, because the old one didn't open the Start menu. Everything's working now.

M

MSDOS8bit

I strongly advise to uninstall any AV or security software before proceeding with a major update. While there are mostly little problems with other softs, security softwares tends to install to the "core" of the system and can be broke after the update or even interfere with the upgrade itself.

This is how i advice to proceed with a major update:
- uninstall of any AV or security software and restart
- using removal tools if available then restart
- proceeding with the update

Of course if you can nothing beats a clean install. Might take longer, but the system usually works much better.

As for me, no problems with the latest version of Norton Security and Malwarebytes Premium.

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
My computer with Kaspersky updated to Creators update no issue's, but my older 2nd laptop which my other family members uses with Eset i had reinstall Eset as it was using 100% cpu usage of it not sure if the real time protection was actually working as i could not get the gui to open.

A reinstall of it seem to fix that issue.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

DeoAmit

Level 1
Apr 1, 2016
KIS 2017 patch 'e' - Trusted Applications Mode doesn't work - blocks task manager, explorer and some other system apps.

It's a fresh installation of KIS.

Hadden

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
I prefer to wait a little before upgrade to CU...
Several people experienced software troubles with it and the last time I upgraded to a major update in its "first days" it literally trashed my pc performance (TH 1511).
So, I prefer to wait when will be "forced" by microsoft :D

ParaXY

Level 6
Verified
Mar 14, 2017
I'm having issues at a client currently with McAfee. Update coming later this week or next apparently.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.