Battle Windows Defender + Malwarebytes Premium + HitmanPro.Alert ?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I have tried OSarmor, but I dont Know why it blocks my startup programs? I have WD in startup options and OSarmor blocks it from launching. I have also tried Vooodoo Shield but sometimes I dont Know what to allow and what to block.. I have also tried Norton DNS but its slow for me, Im using OpenDNS now, is that ok? And ConfigureDefender, what it actually does? Does it change registry? I dont understand how it actually changes Defender, I Know the options in it, but Im just wondering what it actually does. Thanks
OSA has a lot of problems with FPs, I acknowledge it
if you don't want to use it
use this reg file
Dropbox - disable wscript.reg

openDNS is quite fast but it rarely blocks anything besides some old phishing links. You can try Quad9 DNS: 9.9.9.9, if it's faster
or adguardDNS: 176.103.130.130, 176.103.130.131

configuredefender helps you to change hidden settings of WD and makes WD stronger. Instead of doing it yourself following online guides, it will modify some registry keys for you. For example, enable block at first sign, enable PUP protection,...

LasagnaDelRey

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 28, 2018
OSA has a lot of problems with FPs, I acknowledge it
if you don't want to use it
use this reg file
Dropbox - disable wscript.reg

openDNS is quite fast but it rarely blocks anything besides some old phishing links. You can try Quad9 DNS: 9.9.9.9, if it's faster
or adguardDNS: 176.103.130.130, 176.103.130.131

configuredefender helps you to change hidden settings of WD and makes WD stronger. Instead of doing it yourself following online guides, it will modify some registry keys for you. For example, enable block at first sign, enable PUP protection,...

Ok, thank you. Is it safe to use Configure Defender, cause it modify registry keys ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.