Advice Request Windows Defender Web protection?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Under the Firewall & network protection -> Settings -> Security Providers , there exists “Web protection”. for me at least this has not been set.

The name suggests web filtering but tbh I don’t know what it is.

Does someone know more about it and how it can be turned on ?

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Turn network protection on
It's only usable if Windows Defender's real-time and cloud-delivered protection are enabled.

Thanks ! I have all these turned on via GPO, the item shows but unlike the AV and the Firewall , I don’t see below it something like “windows web protection is turned on” , do you see this sort of note below the item ?

Btw Network protection works when visiting the test site by MS from demo.wd.microsoft.com

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.