Windows Firewall Control (Binisoft)'- How do I know what rules to Allow permanently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Sometimes WFC has messages popup of things I have no idea what they are.

I do check virustotal website by right clicking on the name of it and it says it is safe but I still have no idea what it is for.

How do I go about knowing what it is for please ?

Sometimes WFC has messages popup of things I have no idea what they are.

I do check virustotal website by right clicking on the name of it and it says it is safe but I still have no idea what it is for.

How do I go about knowing what it is for please ?

I have used the product for a long time.

Within a WFC alert, you can click on the process name and open its properties window, open file location, etc.

Like @SHvFl states, you can Google the process name.

Read the WFC Help File - there's a lot of useful information in it.

The WFC support thread over at Wilders is very active; post technical questions there and you'll get answers.

You can always create a Temporary rules within the WFC alerts. This is one of the best ways to practice and learn what is on your system and connecting out. Only with practice and familiarization are you going to learn. It takes just time and effort.

With knowledge and experience you will add an element of safety to your computing and online activities that no security soft can provide. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Andytay70 and SHvFl
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.