Windows Live Essentials 2012 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
When Microsoft renamed Windows Live brand, everyone wonder what will be the fate of Windows Live Essentials after separation from web services, and new versions of Messaging, Mail, Calendar and Photos etc. are introduced as part of Windows 8; which miss lots of features present in Live Essentials counterparts.

The only question was “Will we see a newer version of Windows Live Essentials anytime in the future?” and today Microsoft replied, “Yes.”

In a recent blog post on Windows Experience blog, Microsoft’s Brad Weed has announced new version of Windows Live Essentials 2012 packed with new Movie Maker and Photo Gallery for Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Movie Maker: With major advancements in hardware accelerated graphics in Windows 8, Movie Maker has advanced to include Video Stabilization to smooth out shaky videos. And besides now H.264 format is default video format in Movie Maker which is rapidly becoming popular format among devices and video sharing sites.

Photo Gallery: With advanced features like Auto Collage, Photo Fuse and Panorama, Photo Gallery has become more multipurpose photo tool than ever and it will definitely save some bucks for you!

Source: http://www.windowsvalley.com/windows-live-essentials-2012/

Download Link:

Offline Installer: http://g.live.com/1rewlive5-all/en/wlsetup-all.exe
Web Installer: http://g.live.com/1rewlive5-web/en/wlsetup-web.exe

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Finally, I updated to WLE 2012. However, as far as I've know Flash was never included, so I got no clue what this is about.

It's not noted, but the Icons in WLM are updated.

Aswdt.png

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I thought this was an old bumped thread. I was thinking that WLE 2012 was already released but then remembered that it had not. Thanks for the heads up. Does anyway seriosuly use the WLE products? Most of the time WLE come pre-installed in laptops. Out of topic: Earth which theme are you using?

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
malbky said:
Out of topic: Earth which theme are you using?

I use WLE but only sometimes.....by the way I was about to ask same question to Earth.....:p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's most likely, due to that you can watch Youtube videos in the Chat window. -brainwave-

Theme in screenshot >> Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.