Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

BBC News said:
Microsoft has unveiled the next version of its smartphone operating system.

Windows Phone 8 shares much of its code with the firm's PC system, making it easier for developers to write programs for different types of devices.

The company said it should mean there would be some "amazing games" for handsets running its new release.

A tie-up with Nokia has already brought several Windows Phone devices to market, but sales lag some way behind models running Android or Apple's iOS.

Microsoft said Nokia, Samsung, HTC and Huawei would all be making devices powered by the system upgrade.

Read more: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-18527509

Last edited:

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Current owners of a Windows 7 Phone won't be able to upgrade to Windows 8 but it appears that Microsoft will offer a Windows 7.8 upgrade. (read more on mashable.com)

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
Live tiles are really great. But only problem i see is the lack of apps on the Windows phones.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I wouldn't necessary compare the number of apps available for different platforms since many apps are useless. Windows only needs a few good apps. I think that if Microsoft makes the job easy for developers (and it seems that Microsoft did the right thing in this aspect) and they somehow gain a slightly bigger market share apps will come. They put great emphasis on the fact that if you develop for Win8 Metro (desktop) you can easily migrate the app to the phone as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.