Not open for further replies.

gery79

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
friends i need some help concerning this edition of MW. Basically i know nothing about it . I am not too lazy but i prefer getting info from reliable sources .
Thanx

PS i own a license have not activated it and do not know the real value of it
Gery

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
What would you like to know about it? I and Tom and pcjunklist know quite a fair bit about it.

gery79

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
McLovin said:
What would you like to know about it? I and Tom and pcjunklist know quite a fair bit about it.

i own a license of it and never used it.
Is it practical for a normal personal home use? what basic application can i use ( if that is proper to ask) with this platform

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
gery79 said:
i own a license of it and never used it.
Is it practical for a normal personal home use? what basic application can i use ( if that is proper to ask) with this platform

An Out of the box installation needs a few steps in order for it to work the same as a consumer Windows OS. For example you'll need to enable Sound, wireless networking etc...

You can check out this site for info on how to turn it into a usable everyday OS.

gery79

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
thanx a lot for the great help.
i am afraid i can not do all the stuff . I do not have time for all that stuff.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
gery79 said:

Everything listed there doesn't have to be done. Just pick from the features you need.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
gery79 said:

Just don't touched some features which isn't necessarily, you can still use as home OS since applications are compatible even server editions.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Mainly antiviruses will be an issue as very few support Windows server. For all others you will need to get their buisness or server edition which is costly.

Need any help ask me. I used the workstation guide to convert my server 2008 into a home use PC.
Comodo will work on the server although they say its not supported. You can also grab a copy of the endpoint manager if you wish. There was a giveaway.

And also yeah Vipre Works with server edition.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
malbky said:
Mainly antiviruses will be an issue as very few support Windows server. For all others you will need to get their buisness or server edition which is costly.

Need any help ask me. I used the workstation guide to convert my server 2008 into a home use PC.
Comodo will work on the server although they say its not supported. You can also grab a copy of the endpoint manager if you wish. There was a giveaway.

And also yeah Vipre Works with server edition.

Doesn't MSE now work with a valid license? I seem to remember running it on 2008 R2

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I am not so sure. It seem to give me some errors while installing. So I am really not sure about it Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.