On Sale! Windscribe VPN: Lifetime Pro Subscription (Ending In: 6 days)

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Description

Windscribe is much more than a VPN. It's a desktop application and browser extension that work in conjunction to protect your online privacy, unblock websites, and remove ads and trackers from your everyday browsing. With Windscribe, you'll never mess with confusing settings and options menus again; just turn it on on your desktop once, and it's good to go in the background forever. Apart from the easy-to-use interface, one of the biggest benefits of choosing Windscribe's service is that it provides unlimited downloads and unlimited simultaneous connections. You'll find that most VPNs limit you to a maximum of five devices (if that), making Windscribe's offering a great choice for owners of multiple devices and small businesses alike. It's also touted for its above average anonymity, including a strict no-logging policy and anonymous sign-up that doesn't even require as much as an email address. Why the paid version over the free version? The paid version offers unlimited downloads and unlimited data — making it well worth the purchase. It's no surprise that Canadian-based company, Windscribe, is one of the most recommended VPNs on the market — check out the reviews below for yourself.
  • Mask your physical location from 3rd parties w/ an encrypted tunnel
  • Access geo-locked content from anywhere
  • Use the Netflix browser extension to easily bypass geo-restrictions while streaming
  • Avoid most ads while you're browsing
  • Torrent securely & share files w/o worrying about your ISP snooping on you
  • Use on all your devices simultaneously
  • Get protected by the top-notch firewall that protects you in case of connectivity loss
  • Leave no trace or logs while you browse
Strict No Logging Policy!
System Requirements
  • Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
  • OS X 10.8 or later
  • Linux
  • iOS
  • Android app coming soon
Important Details
  • Unlimited devices
  • Updates included
  • Version 1.58
  • Length of access: lifetime
  • Unlimited data

Terms
  • Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 15 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
How is the product in terms of privacy?
From their privacy policy:
When you pay for a premium account, we store the transaction ID of your payment for a period of 30 days for fraud prevention purposes.
We store total amount of bandwidth your account has consumed in 1 month period, which is reset every month on the day of your registration. This is used to enforce free tier limitations as well as prevent abuse.
We also store a timestamp of your last activity on the Windscribe network, this is done to weed out inactive accounts.
For the duration of your connection we store the following data in a temporary location: OpenVPN username, VPN server connected to, time of connection, amount of data transferred during the session. This data expires and is discarded within 3 minutes of session termination.
If for some strange reason you decide not to use our service anymore, the only piece of information that will remain is your username, password and email address (if you provided it).

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Appears this is still up with 6 days remaining.

Windscribe seems to be on the level in the deepest sense security/privacy-wise, but, for me, there is sometimes the appearance that the company is attempting to find ways to recoup assets from giving the service away to so many. So what I mean is I wouldn't be surprised if Windscribe has played Facebook's dangerous games with data and so on, and I can see why someone would want a more serious VPN. As an example, I have an account that is eligible to use 50 GB a month that I rarely use, but this account was built 100% on giveaways. So, Windscribe reached millions with the giveaways but earned no money. It feels like something has to give. Well, this kind of sale seems like a great way to bring people into the service with a more legit promise of a single great price for unlimited devices. Glad to see this model for growth for the first time over the constant bandwidth giveaways. Great price, and I hope that this type of deal brings more credibility to the service and also a higher level of security conciousness to the company...

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Appears this is still up with 6 days remaining.

Windscribe seems to be on the level in the deepest sense security/privacy-wise, but, for me, there is sometimes the appearance that the company is attempting to find ways to recoup assets from giving the service away to so many. So what I mean is I wouldn't be surprised if Windscribe has played Facebook's dangerous games with data and so on, and I can see why someone would want a more serious VPN. As an example, I have an account that is eligible to use 50 GB a month that I rarely use, but this account was built 100% on giveaways. So, Windscribe reached millions with the giveaways but earned no money. It feels like something has to give. Well, this kind of sale seems like a great way to bring people into the service with a more legit promise of a single great price for unlimited devices. Glad to see this model for growth for the first time over the constant bandwidth giveaways. Great price, and I hope that this type of deal brings more credibility to the service and also a higher level of security conciousness to the company...

I will be surprise and shock if Windscribe caught for sharing data with Facebook. Can anyone confirm if Windscribe has any connection with Facebook?

Reactions: AtlBo

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I will be surprise and shock if Windscribe caught for sharing data with Facebook. Can anyone confirm if Windscribe has any connection with Facebook?

Apologies, I didn't mean that Windscribe is sharing data with Facebook, rather wondering if they may have sold or shared some of the less reveailing data in the past with or to advertisers or who knows etc. I don't think the company is at all connected to Facebook, although someone else may know better. Even if W/S has sold some (low level browser usage etc.) data, the company still seems on the level to me to this point in time, and I am confident with the service. This is why I hope the service will find monetary success to accompany its rapid growth. The offer seems to me like a very good deal for the service...

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Lifetime licenses are basically a pyramid scheme, They are only feasible when the user base is growing at a higher rate than the expenses to develop and maintain the software. Otherwise they are making loss. This loss can either be compensated by investors or loans (who finance the burning of capital) or by generating other income like advertising or selling big data.

This is well known internet business model (series A, B, C. D private investments before IPO or Sell-out)

Reactions: upnorth and Jack

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Lifetime licenses are basically a pyramid scheme, They are only feasible when the user base is growing at a higher rate than the expenses to develop and maintain the software. Otherwise they are making loss. This loss can either be compensated by investors or loans (who finance the burning of capital) or by generating other income like advertising or selling big data.

This is well known internet business model (series A, B, C. D private investments before IPO or Sell-out)
Yes and it doesn't matter. $60 is still good even if they go out of business in 5 years. I had my lifetime license since 2016, bought it for around $50 and it's already paid for itself, just $25 a year and it's only getting cheaper. Staying with one VPN for years isn't the safest thing to do anyway. If my lifetime license lasts me for another 3 years I'm happy.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.