Advice Request Wisecare 365 Pro?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I use the standalone and portable version of Wise Disk Cleaner. It is far superior than what CCleaner (free) is capable of cleaning, and I don't need all the functionality of Wise Care 365 or the Pro version. I use Geek Uninstaller for uninstalling software and apps.

@carsten ibsen For Wise Care 365 Pro;
  1. What are some things you do not like about it?
  2. What do you think can be improved?
  3. And do you recommend the Free or Pro version?

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
I like its speed and liability,I know it has a registry cleaner but it has never created any problems for me,I think it does a much better job than Ccleaner Pro,I have not tried the free version.:)

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I used the System Optimizer settings (all but one) and found them conservative (all but one).

I use reg cleaner at "deep scan" without issues.

I use Common Cleaner with only Windows WinSxs Backup and Windows Update unchecked and a handful of browser cookies exceptions.

I don't use System Slimming.

The others I use in part occasionally.

Overall, I'd be happy with just the free portable reg cleaner and disk cleaner tools.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Wisecare is a Nice product to have and does a fair job of solving the stuff you throw at it. The only thing that I personally not use is the registry cleaner. And imho , the disk defrag module is not good as well , I use o&o defrag pro for this, because it defrags more indepth and has better algorhythemns to detect fragments...

Garzaman

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2017
I love it an I am using it from some years ago

Quick, safe and reliable soft and it has a very interesting utility (slim system) that removes all the remains of windows updates, etc.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Hello everyone, what do you think about this utility,
I use the standalone and portable version of Wise Disk Cleaner. It is far superior than what CCleaner (free) is capable of cleaning, and I don't need all the functionality of Wise Care 365 or the Pro version.
Same here

I don't use System Slimming.
the main reason i use Wisedisk Cleaner, way faster than MS Diskcleanup

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
the main reason i use Wisedisk Cleaner, way faster than MS Diskcleanup
Speed isn't everything, Windows Disk Clean-up does have it's own advantages over Wise Disk Cleaner and other cleaners. I expect Disk Clean-up to be moved to the new Settings page eventually.

On the More Options tab, users can find old programs to uninstall and delete System Restore points and Shadow Copies.

Reactions: ZeroDay
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Speed isn't everything, Windows Disk Clean-up does have it's own advantages over Wise Disk Cleaner and other cleaners. I expect Disk Clean-up to be moved to the new Settings page eventually.
We were mentioning about System Slimming feature of WDC.

Reactions: Andytay70
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Exactly, Wise Disk Cleaner doesn't show all the items shown by Windows Disk Clean-up.
in my case the few ones not showing up are often empty. To me the most relevant ones are the Windows Updates files; Diskcleanup takes ages to remove them.

Reactions: Barakah and ZeroDay

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Diskcleanup takes ages to remove them.
I've been noticing lately a lot of people have been asking "Why is disk cleanup taking so long???". Some people seen to think Windows just deletes them right away or marks the file for deletion, but there is a little more involved than that, especially for kernel changes such as the updates on Patch Tuesday. Files in use must be flagged, replaced, copied, moved delayed to a temp file, written, and renamed. I'm sure many have seen this term: PendingFileRenameOperations. This must happens to all "in use" files be it drivers, windows defender, and Windows Updates it takes time to do.
Answer: Why it can take Disk Cleanup so long

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.