WithSecure - F-Secure Ultralight, Security Cloud and DeepGuard whitepapers (PDF)

Lord Ami

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Ultralight whitepaper

Security Cloud whitepaper

DeepGuard whitepaper

Overview of modules:

- F-Secure Security Cloud Core (cloud scanner)
- F-Secure NIF Core (analyzes network traffic)
- F-secure Ultralight Core (Ultralight Core consists of a set of components including a driver (Gatekeeper) responsible for filesystem interception and a set of services and components that host all other Ultralight technologies)
- DeepGuard (in house behavior blocker)
- Hydra: Script based (heuristic) AV engine
- Virgo: Certificate whitelisting engine
- Capricorn: Signature based AV engine
- Lynx: Cloud scanning (sandbox) engine

Source

I thought to create thread here. Even though it mentions WithSecure, I believe the same tech is used in F-Secure home products. This can be confirmed by the fact that most of the F-Secure executables are signed by WithSecure Oyj

Probably nothing much new in these PDF-s (compared to the ones under F-Secure domain) but still a nice and informative conclusion on how these technologies work.

Last edited:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thanks for sharing these whitepapers! It's great to have a better understanding of how these technologies work and how they can benefit our online security. I agree that even though they are under the WithSecure domain, they likely share similarities with F-Secure's home products given their shared parent company and signed executables.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.