New Update WPS Office Free 11.2.0.11254

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
It does look nice. I'm just a bit concerned about WP$ spying on us.
Oh, don't worry! WP$ spying on us is just their way of showing how much they care. It's like having a nosy neighbor who constantly peeks through your curtains to make sure you're okay. Isn't it comforting to know that someone out there is so invested in our lives?

On a serious note, block its connections to/from the internet with a firewall if you are worried.

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
Oh, don't worry! WP$ spying on us is just their way of showing how much they care. It's like having a nosy neighbor who constantly peeks through your curtains to make sure you're okay. Isn't it comforting to know that someone out there is so invested in our lives?

On a serious note, block its connections to/from the internet with a firewall if you are worried.
Yes! And another thing that ticks me off is that WP$ makes itself default for PDF files even when I choose not to make it so.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

WPS Office V12.2.0.13193​

Update Features of WPS Office on 8/24/2023​

Optimized user experience for printing
  • Now you can enjoy a brand new printing experience when printing documents.
  • With a new interface of the print dialog box, you can experience enhanced convenience for print preview and print settings to improve printing efficiency.

Free Download WPS Office for PC/ Windows/ Mac | Download Latest Version

Last edited:

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
I'm not sure what they removed. I mostly only use the word processor. WPS office, which I've used for several years, is the best of the lot. I don't know if it's better all around than MS Office today. I haven't used MS since Office 2007. I'd rate the word processor in WPS office as superior to Word but can't speak for the other functions.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
If I didn't have to use PowerQuery or PowerPivots on MS Excel, I would be still using WPS Office.

Reactions: Nevi

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
There is pivot table in WPS.
Yes there is, but it doesn't have the data analysis components of Power Query and Power Pivots of Excel, which is a totally different beast at my work. They come in handy when you are working with different data sources, complex data or huge datasets as they are used to model the data and perform more complex calculations than Excel can handle.

In a way it's good that it's not included as it keeps WPS a simple package and most people wouldn't want that unless of course they are manipulating data or working as a data analyst/scientist.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

WPS Office 12.2.0.13215​

Update Features of WPS Office on 9/15/2023​

Brand new share button​

• Now you can experience a completely new document-sharing experience with a new Share button design.

More comprehensive user guide​

• Now you can easily access our user guides for Docs, Sheets, Slides, and PDF components in the Recent list, helping you quickly learn and get started with WPS Office.

Added subscription status for trial and expiration​

• Now you can view the corresponding subscription status in the user center panel when your subscription is in trial, the trial has expired, or the subscription has been expired for more than 30 days.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

WPS Office 12.2.0.13266​

Update Features of WPS Office on 10/11/2023​

Font Update​

We are excited to introduce new fonts to enhance your PDF signing experience! These fonts are sourced from Google Fonts and strictly follow the Open Font License (OFL) principles.

PDF Signing Experience Boosted:​

- Introduced additional date formats.
- Effortlessly add your signature via the Ribbon area.

Legal & Acknowledgements​

The fonts we've integrated from Google Fonts adhere to the Open Font License. For more details on the Open Font License, users can visit: SIL Open Font License (OFL)

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

WPS Office 12.2.0.13359​

Update Features of WPS Office on 12/7/2023​

OCR PDF Editing Now Available​

With a more intuitive and flexible editing experience, you can perform real-time edits on text that has undergone OCR processing, utilizing our newly integrated editing tools to easily add, delete, or modify text.

Improved E-Signature Experience​

- Now you can effortlessly remove signatures from the quick signature area.
- Now you can extract handwriting as signatures from uploaded images for a seamless signing process.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

WPS Office 12.2.0.13412​

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.