CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
1640274662_wpsoffice.jpg

WPS Office (formerly Kingsoft Office) is a high performing, yet considerably more affordable solution that is recognized as a preferred alternative to Micosoft Office and is fully compatible and comparable to Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word. The WPS Office suite is available for Windows and Linux-based PCs as well as Android and iOS.

Key features include:
  • Writer - efficient word processor.
  • Presentation -Multimedia presentations creator.
  • Spreadsheets - Powerful tool for data processing and analysis.
  • 100% compatible with MS Office document file types (.docx, .pptx, .xlsx, etc.).
  • Thousands of free document templates.
  • Built-in PDF reader.
  • Free Templates - WPS Office offers a large number of free templates to help you create word documents, presentations, and spreadsheets to save you time.
  • Mobile device support (iOS and Android).
  • WPS Cloud Storage included.

WPS Office 11.2.0.11254 changelog:
Use the sharing method last time you chose
  • Now you can easily find the sharing method you chose last time so that you can share your files in a faster way next time.
Recent Colors option added in PDF
  • Now you can choose the color you used last time in the PDF file.
Batch Processing Tools
  • We have added the Batch PDF Printing feature to make it easier to print multiple documents at once.
  • The Batch Rename Files feature is available now. You can easily rename multiple files or add sequence numbers in filenames in bulk.
User experience improvements
  • Stability improvements and bug fixes.

Homepage

Download link

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
WPS Office V11.2.0.11306 released with the following changelog:
Batch Delete
  • Now you don't need to manually adjust the content and format in your document. You can batch delete the blank content, separators, text formatting, and objects with just one click.
Smart Toolbox in Spreadsheet

Now you can use the feature-rich toolbox for tables:
  • Batch insert text, links, and comments.
  • Batch delete empty worksheets, empty rows, links, zero value, non-numeric text, and more.
  • Autofill sequential letters(ABC), sequential numbers(123), and Roman numeral sequence(ⅠⅡⅢ).
  • Batch insert current date.
  • Support case conversion, rounding, character scripts, formula to text, and more.
  • Automatically create catalog for worksheets.
  • Support quickly splitting text to columns by the number of characters, punctuations, and character types.
  • Convert to Image-Like PPT
  • Now you can create an image-like presentation file, each slide of which will be a non-searchable and non-editable image. And all formatting and contents, such as texts and graphs in the original file, will be retained.
LaTeX Equation Editor
  • Now you can create mathematical notation in your documents, spreadsheets, and slides with LaTeX Equation Editor.
WPS Photo (Beta)
  • Now you can view over 20 image file formats.
  • We added picture editing and printing features.
  • You can manage photos in your computer with ease.

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
WPS Office 11.2.0.11341 changelog:

Batch PDF Printing
  • Now you can print multiple documents at once to avoid spending lots of time printing documents one by one. What's more, you can also choose to apply print settings in batch or separately.
Rotate text in Spreadsheet
  • Now you can use the quick rotation button in the Home tab to rotate your text diagonally or vertically.
Mail merge in Writer
  • If you see a pop-up dialog box that says "WPS Writer cannot open the Data Source." when using the mail merge feature, please click "Need Help?" to get support.

Homepage

Download link

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
WPS Office 11.2.0.11373 changelog:
  • User experience improvements

CAD to PDF/ PDF to CAD
  • Now you can easily convert CAD files (DWG, DWT, DXF, etc.) into PDF files.
  • Now you can easily convert PDF files into CAD files (DWG, DWT, DXF, etc.).

What's New pop-up window
  • Now you can quickly get the latest information on feature updates for WPS Office in this pop-up window.

Feature improvements
  • Now you can better set up the Spell Check feature. The interaction design for displaying results and suggestions has been improved.
  • Now you can use some features without sign-in, including Smart Toolbox, Convert to Image-Like PPT, Batch Delete, and Batch PDF Printing.

Homepage

Download link

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
WPS Office V11.2.0.11417 changelog:

- Programme stability improvements and bug fixes.

New Spell Check features

- Now you can left-click on underlined words while you write in the Document component to get suggestions in real time.
- F7 is the new keyboard shortcut of Spell Check to open the sidebar that helps you view multiple writing suggestions at once.

Support creating PDF from CAD

- When you create a new PDF file, you can now choose CAD files (DWG, DWT, DXF, etc.) by selecting CAD to PDF.
- Now you can easily convert PDF files into CAD files (DWG, DWT, DXF, etc.).

Optimized open and save as dialog box

- Now you can find the full document path when you open and save a file.
- Now you can find your last used path location when you save a file.

Apply Strikethrough text formatting in spreadsheets

- Now you can easily apply Strikethrough formatting on the Home tab.

robboman

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
How is the compatibility with MS office compared to Libre Office? For me this is the most important thing when trying a MS office competitor.

Reactions: [correlate]

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
My latest update is showing 11.2.0.11494, and it includes for the first time.......ads to upgrade. Never saw an advertisement until this update. It isn't intrusive in that it only shows on opening and only takes a second to click the 'x' to get rid of it. More annoying are the several emails a day I'm also now getting begging me to upgrade to paid. I can live with them, since I find WPS, in many ways, better than M$ Word. Should they start interrupting my work, then I'll drop them.

Reactions: Nevi and vtqhtr413

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
My latest update is showing 11.2.0.11494, and it includes for the first time.......ads to upgrade. Never saw an advertisement until this update. It isn't intrusive in that it only shows on opening and only takes a second to click the 'x' to get rid of it. More annoying are the several emails a day I'm also now getting begging me to upgrade to paid. I can live with them, since I find WPS, in many ways, better than M$ Word. Should they start interrupting my work, then I'll drop them.
I didn't have to give my email id to use the software. I'm using the free version and don't get the ad either. Probably because I have disabled it from accessing internet and shutdown it's background services. I manually update the software.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
I didn't have to give my email id to use the software. I'm using the free version and don't get the ad either. Probably because I have disabled it from accessing internet and shutdown it's background services. I manually update the software.
Duhhh........Of course. Turn off the internet services. I totally spaced them. This is old age. Don't let it happen to you.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

WPS Office Free 11.2.0.11513 changelog:​

A new version of PDF is provided to bring you a better experience.

New Ribbon Tools
  • Classified by function type, there are 8 categories [Home], [Edit], [Comment], [Convert], [Page], [Fill&Sign], [Protect], [Tools].
  • Functions in the original [Insert] tab have been moved to [Edit], [Comment], and [Page] according to type, such as inserting pages, watermarks, shapes, etc.
  • The Edit PDF, Highlight&Markup, Fill, and Export PDF functions in the original taskbar on the right have become independent ribbon categories, namely [Edit], [Comment], [Fill&Sign], and [Convert].

Reading Float Toolbar
  • When you move the mouse into the lower half of the document, the reading toolbar will appear.
  • Contains tools for Zoom In, Zoom Out, Page Layout, Page Resizing, Rotation, etc.

You can create a new PDF through the following operations
  • Click [+] in the WPS office tab bar and select [PDF].
  • Click [Menu]-[New PDF] in the upper left corner of the PDF document.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
WPS Office Free 11.2.0.11516

Update Features of WPS Office on 3/31/2023​

User experience improvements​

Added four shortcuts for quick access to the [Edit] tab in the PDF component.​

- Our new ribbon is classified into eight categories according to feature type, including [Home], [Edit], [Comment], [Convert], [Page], [Fill & Sign], [Protect], and [Tools].
- To better organize our features, we've moved some of them from the original [Insert] tab into [Edit], [Comment], and [Page] based on their respective types, such as Watermarks, Draw Shapes, Insert Pages, etc.

Optimized the way for property setup of comment tools in the PDF component.​

- We've designed a new toolbar for eight comment tools: [Highlight], [Highlight Area], [Text Comment], [Shape], [Underline], [Strikethrough], [Insert Text], [Replace Text]. After inserting objects with these comment tools, you can adjust their color, line type, font, font size, and more settings in the floating toolbar.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

WPS Office 11.2.0.11536​

Update Features of WPS Office on 4/19/2023​

Added some shortcuts for quick access to the [Edit] and [Convert] tabs in the PDF component.​

- To quickly access the [Edit] tab, you can click [Edit PDF], [Add Text], or [Add Picture] in the Home tab.
- To quickly access the [Convert] tab, you can right-click on the document page and select [Convert to Word/Excel/PPT/Image].
You can also right-click on an image and select [Image to PDF] from the right-click menu.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

WPS Office 11.2.0.11537​

Update Features of WPS Office on 4/27/2023​

• Programm stability improvements and bug fixes.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

WPS Office 12.2.0.13110​

Update Features of WPS Office on 8/4/2023​

Enhanced User Experience for New Home Page​

- Now you can easily access your cloud files stored in WPS Cloud or other third-party cloud services with integrated document access.
- We've added portals of our five components to the sidebar: Docs, Sheets, Slides, PDF, and AirPage for quick navigation and access.
- Supported quick access to tool collections include over dozens of handy desktop tools.

Improved Page Creation Experience​

- Now you can enjoy varieties of high-quality and premium templates for free.
- We've added a new template collections page to help you quickly find the templates based on the topic.
- Now you can easily select desired template theme: personalized recommendations of popular templates tailored to each component.
- Now we provide users with a smoother and faster experience for the template downloading process.
- We've improved the template search experience, now supporting more advanced filtering options for increased search efficiency.
- Now you can easily view and access the browsing history in My Templates.

Brand-new User Interface (UI)​

- Fully upgraded visual experience, ensuring the consistency of WPS product UI style, and delivering a more comfortable and natural user experience.

New Features​

- PDF: Added support for [Certificate Signature], [Manage Certificates], [Verify Signature], [Image Layer], [Timestamp], [Insert Video/Audio], and more features.
- Sheets: Now supports direct image and file pasting into tables.
- Slides: Added new transition effects: Peel Off, Page Curl, and Doors.
- Various other improvements and features have been added to improve your productivity.

Enhanced User Experience​

- In Sheets component, we've optimized the [Hide/Unhide] feature, making it easier for you to identify hidden rows and columns.
- Now, when you open the file manager, it will remember the last location you accessed, helping you find your documents quickly.
- We've optimized the layout of the popup window for saving documents, creating a more user-friendly experience.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.