Wrap Firefox in a Cocoon of privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
The reason I am reviving this old thread is that the Cocoon Firefox plugin is now offered for free. It also works in Firefox 4.

In an e-mail sent to users they ask for help:

Cocoon users have spoken - and you'd like Cocoon to stay FREE!
To make this happen, we need your help:
  • Invite your friends to try Cocoon, it is still free after all!
  • Take this short survey to help us make Cocoon better than ever, and tell us which features you might like in a premium version!

G

Guest28

They, will get the statistics and Intelligence they need from the free users. And then charge for it kinda like what Immunet Protect did to it's users. :)

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Some features they currently have - a really fast SSL secured proxy (almost no lags), anonymity (mailslots) - are well built and complete. I'll probably use it for these features if it remains free. I like the way all this is integrated into the browser. However their malware prevention, as I previously mentioned, is far from being complete.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
I'd like to give this a try but I am on Nightly 6.0a1 Firefox and it tells me I must be on Firefox 3.6 or higher, So can't install.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
bogdan said:
The reason I am reviving this old thread is that the Cocoon Firefox plugin is now offered for free. It also works in Firefox 4.

In an e-mail sent to users they ask for help:

Cocoon users have spoken - and you'd like Cocoon to stay FREE!
To make this happen, we need your help:
  • Invite your friends to try Cocoon, it is still free after all!
  • Take this short survey to help us make Cocoon better than ever, and tell us which features you might like in a premium version!
Very cool...now that it's free ...it's definitely worth trying it out.....I've installed it on my FF 4 and right now I'm browsing under the "Cocoon proxy" .....all I can say is : NICEEE.
I do feel a slowdown while browsing and ..as a question : How can I remove the toolbar?......I don't really need to see it all the time:p

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Probably you can right-click on an empty space (between the address bar and search bar for example) and de-select it.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
bogdan said:
Probably you can right-click on an empty space (between the address bar and search bar for example) and de-select it.
:blush: ..thank you.....and sorry for the noob question :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good job for updated to Firefox 4 and having it "Free".

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Internet security and privacy startup has its fan page shut down by Facebook.. again

An internet startup, which develops a security and privacy tool and regularly comments on Facebook safety issues, says its own Facebook fan page has been shut down, for a second time.

The Cocoon service is a plugin for the Firefox web browser that aims to force an encrypted connection to the internet, preventing sites from tracking your movements and shielding your computer from internet threats.

But today it's Facebook fan page reportedly disappeared.
cocoon-blog-pic.jpg

Read more

swftech

Jun 20, 2011
Web proxy add-on Cocoon goes free

There aren't many security-focused browser add-ons that funnel the entire Internet through a proxy before allowing it to reach you, and that rarity was part of the reason Cocoon was one of a small group of add-ons that charged for its services. Starting today, however, the makers of Cocoon have exclusively told CNET that the add-on will be completely free--for now.

Read the full article
Or download it here

D

Deleted member 178

Installed and use it, it is great , i dont need to use hotspot shield anymore.

I

illumination

Cocoon has been upgraded to support Firefox 6 & 7 Beta
The development team has been rewriting how Cocoon interacts with Firefox allowing them to more easily stay compatible with their fast-paced releases.

Cocoon

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Recap:

What Is Cocoon?
Cocoon is an all-in-one plugin that makes everything you do online secure, virus-free and private. Without Cocoon websites and hackers have access to your computer to leave cookies or infect it with viruses and malware. You even get protection on open Wi-Fi access points.

https://getcocoon.com/

Update:

Cocoon Chrome (beta) for Mac

There is a customized version of Chromium made especially for Cocoon. Download it using the "Cocoon Chrome (Mac)" button.

Cocoon Chrome for Windows - coming soon!

https://getcocoon.com/support/download?brwsr=chrome

Visit Cocoon for Internet Explorer (beta) - IE8+

https://getcocoon.com/support/download?brwsr=explorer
Important: Must use IE to download Cocoon for IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.