Not open for further replies.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hello guys,

Today I want to share with you this simple extension, that allows you to view your password without asterisks but in letters form ;)
This extension is avalaible for Firefox and Firefox-based browsers.

LINK: WShowPassword

165066.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for sharing, however I cannot trust external addons/extensions, unless developed by Mozilla themselves. Are there any alternates to this add-on?

This feature is available on Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, including Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7.
The Fermata eye like symbol ( the password reveal button ) have been introduced in Windows 8 . I believe this feature is mainly for the users who are using the Windows Tablets . It is quite difficult to retype to whole password if he made a mistake . So that I believe it should be mainly for the Windows 8 tablet users . Using the feature a user wouldn't have to delete the entire password and start all over again if he believes that he has made a mistake
However, some desktop and laptop users might feel that this feature can come in the way of their security and in that case disabling it altogether would be the best option.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ord-icon/c6e75226-c261-4dd5-917f-39bb2932334a

Reactions: JM Safe

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Thanks for sharing, however I cannot trust external addons/extensions, unless developed by Mozilla themselves. Are there any alternates to this add-on?

This feature is available on Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, including Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ord-icon/c6e75226-c261-4dd5-917f-39bb2932334a
@Huracan This is a signed extension: Show Password Field it is very similar, but there are some difference. This is the original informations about this extension:

View password fields in a readable format (i.e. reveal passwords that are contained in the fields) when the mouse rests on the same field for a configurable period of time.

If the mouse exits the field, or if the focus moves to another element, the password is hidden again.

You can also choose a color for the text and background that will be used when the password is revealed.

Reactions: frogboy and Ink

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In my view, these things is better if you will be the only one use it and avoid others to look which may compromise easily. Hence use at your own risk. ;)

Reactions: JM Safe
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.