XavierGaming's Configuration - Work in progress - 11

Windows Edition
Home
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Windows Defender (Default - Not much to tweak)
Comodo Firewall (All on safe mode - Tweaked to act like NVT ERP and AG)
Peerblock Portable (Ran on demand - Block all)
EMET (Maximum settings - Custom rules)
Hostsman (Windows spying - Ads and trackers filters only)
KeyScrambler Premium (Default since default is its highest)
Shadow Defender (Defaults - Ran on demand, usually on browsing)
Spybot - Search and Destroy (Immunization)
7Zip (Encryption and compression)
Crypto Prevent (Normal mode)
BIOS Password
Common Sense

PATCHES:
Hardened Windows
Disable IPv6
Prevented WebRTC
Disabled Windows 10 data mining and advertisements
Optimization for gaming

NOTE:
Windows' defaults are on
I virtualize everything except for gaming and updating. (Using Shadow Defender and Comodo Firewall)
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana Anti-malware Portable
HerdProtect Portable
Emisisoft Emergency Kit Portable
AdwCleaner Portable
VirusTotal Uploader
Hybrid Analysis (The main one I use since it shows the behavior and VirusTotal results)
Manual windows malware analysis using VirtualBox
Manual android malware analysis using Droid4x

... and more

For my "Panic USB"

Ubuntu Linux
Windows Installation Disk

For my "Breaching USB"

Konboot (Logs-in to any unencrypted and no BIOS password Windows machines)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Tor (Defaults - Sandboxed)
SlimJet (Always private - Temporary history - Temporary cookies - Clear out everything on exit - Sandboxed + AppContainer + Encrypted media extensions)

Browsers are cleared out using Comodo Firewall after use.
Browsers are sandboxed by Comodo Firewall.
Browsers are protected by EMET

Avira Browser Safety
HTTPS Everywhere
Lastpass (With verification)
Privacy Badger
uBlock Origin (All filters on - Prevented IP leakage)
Web of Trust (WOT)
Click&Clean
Popup Blocker Pro
Maintenance tools
Privazer
CCleaner (With CCEnhancer)

7Zip (Encryption and compression)
KeyScrambler Premium
DNS Crypt (Through Simple DNS Crypt - DNS is 4ARMED and CloudNS)
SoftEther VPN (Used for anonymity and bypassing ISP throttling)
BIOS Password
Windows tweaks

Process Lasso Pro (A gift from my friends on steam :D)
Intel Rapid Storage Technology
Dolby Plus Home Theater (A sound controller for my sound system)

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Excellent new config. You did great work on the changes! :D

Some comments/remarks and some optional tips:
I recommend you configure COMODO Firewall to suit your personal needs for security (by making custom changes to its settings as needed), and, most importantly, make sure you set COMODO Firewall to the "Proactive Security" configuration before you make any changes to its settings. The "Proactive Security" configuration offers stricter security policies, while it does not reduce the overall usability of the software.
If you have already made changes to the configuration of CFW without using the Proactive Security configuration, then you can export the current configuration as a backup, and then safely activate Proactive Security.
ToolWiz TimeFreeze is great global file system virtualization software (are you using the free version?). A great alternative, in case you ever need to try something else, is Shadow Defender.
I was very impressed with your idea to run Tor Browser in a sandbox! Integrated anonymity online, and excellent protection locally - Awesome! :D
I also can't wait for a stable (or a new BETA version) of NVTERP... Keep an eye on this thread on Wilders Security Forums for updates from developer, if you are not doing so already. :p
As always, make sure you have a system image of a known good state of your system (created with AOMEI Backupper Standard), so that you can use the system image to restore that exact state, in case of a disaster (I'm sure you've already done this, I'm just leaving this here as a reminder :D like I always do :rolleyes:)

It's honestly find it very hard to recommend you anything right now. You've got the vast majority (if not all) of possible security layers covered with solid software.
Great config overall, and great update @XavierGaming. One of the best I've seen on MalwareTips. :p

XavierGaming

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
Excellent new config. You did great work on the changes! :D

Some comments/remarks and some optional tips:
I recommend you configure COMODO Firewall to suit your personal needs for security (by making custom changes to its settings as needed), and, most importantly, make sure you set COMODO Firewall to the "Proactive Security" configuration before you make any changes to its settings. The "Proactive Security" configuration offers stricter security policies, while it does not reduce the overall usability of the software.
If you have already made changes to the configuration of CFW without using the Proactive Security configuration, then you can export the current configuration as a backup, and then safely activate Proactive Security.
ToolWiz TimeFreeze is great global file system virtualization software (are you using the free version?). A great alternative, in case you ever need to try something else, is Shadow Defender.
I was very impressed with your idea to run Tor Browser in a sandbox! Integrated anonymity online, and excellent protection locally - Awesome! :D
I also can't wait for a stable (or a new BETA version) of NVTERP... Keep an eye on this thread on Wilders Security Forums for updates from developer, if you are not doing so already. :p
As always, make sure you have a system image of a known good state of your system (created with AOMEI Backupper Standard), so that you can use the system image to restore that exact state, in case of a disaster (I'm sure you've already done this, I'm just leaving this here as a reminder :D like I always do :rolleyes:)

It's honestly find it very hard to recommend you anything right now. You've got the vast majority (if not all) of possible security layers covered with solid software.
Great config overall, and great update @XavierGaming. One of the best I've seen on MalwareTips. :p

Thank you, @DracusNarcrym, I've been working and testing free softwares for weeks in my virtualbox. I'm already using Proactive Security and modified it to fit my needs and turn HIPS off when installing software; HIPS is quite annoying when you install software. :D
I use ToolWiz TimeFreeze for system wide sandboxing because it's free although I only use it when rarely browsing.
I have a clean backup of Windows 10 64x on my USB and I have backup schedules all done using AOMEI.
Backup Schedule:
Duplicate hard drive once a month
Image system weekly

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.