Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2017
Subject: Pdf_file333 _invoice(2) Received
To: xxxx <xxxx>

Hi

You have Receieved An invoice uploaded via dropbox

Due to large size. Access Your Invoice Here

Thanks,

Dropbox!

Definitely scam. On an isolated browser i clicked the link, which drove me here:

Code:
hxxps://topdunet.fr/XTDDROPSERES/documentsharepdfEN/documentsharepdffile/index.html
u6lgI2y.jpg

Definitely scam. Looks like xploit method to get your credentials. I used fake ID and password and of course, it redirected me to the "download" as if my login authentication succeeded. The following download link was created.

Code:
hxxps://topdunet.fr/XTDDROPSERES/documentsharepdfEN/documentsharepdffile/google/phonever.html

Anybody has an active isolated enviroment as to test what kind of malware this is? I'm setting my VM soon when i have a decent internet connection u.u

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016

Got some nice e-mail today.

Definitely scam. On an isolated browser i clicked the link, which drove me here:

Code:
hxxps://topdunet.fr/XTDDROPSERES/documentsharepdfEN/documentsharepdffile/index.html
u6lgI2y.jpg

Definitely scam. Looks like xploit method to get your credentials. I used fake ID and password and of course, it redirected me to the "download" as if my login authentication succeeded. The following download link was created.

Code:
hxxps://topdunet.fr/XTDDROPSERES/documentsharepdfEN/documentsharepdffile/google/phonever.html

Anybody has an active isolated enviroment as to test what kind of malware this is? I'm setting my VM soon when i have a decent internet connection u.u

Web content virus scan
Address: hxxp://topdunet.fr/XTDDROPSERES/documentsharepdfEN/documentsharepdffile/google/phonever.html
Virus: Script.Packed.Agent.F@susp (Engine B)
Engines: Engine A: AVA 25.13458, Engine B: GD 25.10036

RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Web content virus scan
Address: hxxp://topdunet.fr/XTDDROPSERES/documentsharepdfEN/documentsharepdffile/google/phonever.html
Virus: Script.Packed.Agent.F@susp (Engine B)
Engines: Engine A: AVA 25.13458, Engine B: GD 25.10036

Seems like ransomware to me

Reactions: SHvFl

RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Blacklisting a webpage (URL) is not the same as scanning and blacklisting the webpage content.
Yeah true that. I used VT in order to see if the antivirus scanners detected the download link as a malicious link. Not the actual payload.

Seems like ransomware to me

Probably not. Just suspicious webpage script.

Look here at signatures assigned to support webpage hjacks or "ransom" pages:

• Exploit.SWF_c.CAL
  • SWF/Trojan.YWCL-5
  • Exploit:SWF/Netis
  • JS.Redirector.F
  • Trojan.HTML.k
  • Script.Packed.Agent.F@susp
  • Ransom:JS/FakeBsod.A
  • Uds.Dangerousobject.Multi!c
ransom does not mean ransomeware.

Reactions: SHvFl and RoboMan

RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Probably not. Just suspicious webpage script.

Look here at signatures assigned to support webpage hjacks or "ransom" pages:

• Exploit.SWF_c.CAL
  • SWF/Trojan.YWCL-5
  • Exploit:SWF/Netis
  • JS.Redirector.F
  • Trojan.HTML.k
  • Script.Packed.Agent.F@susp
  • Ransom:JS/FakeBsod.A
  • Uds.Dangerousobject.Multi!c
ransom does not mean ransomeware.
Thanks for the share. I wish i had my VM set up...

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah true that. I used VT in order to see if the antivirus scanners detected the download link as a malicious link. Not the actual payload.

Not the payload, the actual webpage content loaded into the browser. I guess you can call that a payload of a sort. Using the terminology payload is not always the technically most accurate. Lots of people have different definition of what constitutes a payload.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I have so many of these in my spam folder. If i was actually getting so many amazon, fedex and google messages i would be both rich and popular.

Reactions: RoboMan and frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.