App Review XVirus Personal Guard Review

• Thread starter MalwareBlockerYT
  • Start date
It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Hi all,

This is the test of XVirus Personal Guard. XVirus Personal Guard, it makes a good claim but can it really live up to it's name?

If you would like to support XVirus Personal Guard then please visit this link:
Xvirus Personal Guard

If you would like to submit files/ULRs to help improve XVirus Personal Guard then please visit this link:
Xvirus - Submit file or URL

Thanks for watching :) Any feedback is appreciated!

I like the GUI of this software, the performance whilst scanning is a hit but the application is actually extremely well built considering the small number of developers working on it ;) Good job Dani Santos, keep up the good work & you'll be matching Emsisoft in no time!

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Video quality good. Sound quality good. Script decent. Content decent
Now the complains.

Still can't judge how the product did even though it failed obviously. From all those left most couldn't start and crashed and in process explorer i saw ~5 running. Sure a fail is a fail but would like to know how much each products fails because at the end all will.

Requesting again to run all malware and see which work before doing the test(some might be fake crashes but i doubt all are). I know this requires times so if needed half the samples.

Last edited:
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Video quality good. Sound quality good. Script decent. Content decent
Now the complains.

Still can't judge how the product did even though it failed obviously. From all those left most couldn't start and crashed and in process explorer i saw ~5 running. Sure a fail is a fail but would like to know how much each products fails because at the end all will.

Requesting again to run all malware and see which work before doing the test(some might be fake crashes but i doubt all are). I know this requires times so if needed half the samples.
Firstly thank you, I know the script could be improved but that alone took over 25 mins to write.

I completely understand your complaint - which is why I am going to start doing a Prevention test with a selection of 20-30 files which I KNOW will execute - no crashes, errors, etc. These files will a mixture of Ransomware threats, PUPs, Adware, Malicious applications such as Trojans - downloaded directly from sources like VXVault, Malwr, Malcode, etc. I agree with you that it is getting irritating because half of the samples left over don't actually execute.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Firstly thank you, I know the script could be improved but that alone took over 25 mins to write.

I completely understand your complaint - which is why I am going to start doing a Prevention test with a selection of 20-30 files which I KNOW will execute - no crashes, errors, etc. These files will a mixture of Ransomware threats, PUPs, Adware, Malicious applications such as Trojans - downloaded directly from sources like VXVault, Malwr, Malcode, etc. I agree with you that it is getting irritating because half of the samples left over don't actually execute.
That sounds better. A lot better.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I did something similar with Xvirus and the way I tested it was quite different. On demands + execution, if it does,'t execute, I call it a success. only used 50 samples, and Xvirus detected and stopped 45 out of 50..... Already send my feedback to @Dani Santos and its a keeper of mines for ondemand scan. My cpu usage during scans was 10% and ram usuage was 300mb.

Still :(, you are not rocking the VM wallpaper =P

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.