Yandex Browser 1.0.1084.5402

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Yandex, Russia’s biggest Internet company, launched its own browser, based on the open-source Chromium. So it is easy to assume that simplicity is at the core of the product.

Besides the inherent similarities with Google Chrome, which include tab process separation and sandboxing features, Yandex partnered with Kaspersky for scanning user downloads. Additionally, web pages are verified by their own security system in order to prevent users from landing on sites carrying malware.

Opera’s Turbo technology has also been added to the mix to improve page loading times even on slow connections.

What’s different in Yandex is the new tab page, or lack thereof. In the Russian browser, it is reduced to a drop down dialog which lets you pin your favorite pages but also offers access to bookmarks, history, list of downloads and the most recent websites loaded as well as the settings area.
Yandex-Browser_1.png

Download Link: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Browsers/Yandex-Browser.shtml

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
If I'm right isn't Yandex a search engine as well?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Thought so. If it's based off Chromium it must be good.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I wonder does it support Chrome extensions?

Scanning your download with Kaspersky is a big plus.

As far as I know Opera’s Turbo technology is not open-source, I wonder how they managed to use it?

Also does it include Google Safe Browsing like Google Chrome?

Thanks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.