Your 3 favorite Android apps

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I know this is going to be hard to pick, but if you had to choose what would be those 3 favorite Android apps of yours on your mobile phone [excluding games].

For me it's

1. OpenCamera - probably the best free Android camera I've used [Opensource]
2. TickTick - for to-do list, check-list & reminders and it works really well
3. Blokada - can't live without it since it keeps the ads away & is very light [Opensource]

Last edited:

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
Excluding social media.
Relay for Reddit - The other Reddit apps suck, debate me.
Spotify - Can't live without music.
Waze - Google Maps is like herding sheep. I live in a busy area, so it always directs everyone down the same route and actually CREATES traffic by doing so.
Honarary mention: FatSecret - Gotta stay healthy, monitor nutrients and macros daily.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I know this is going to be hard to pick, but if you had to choose what would be those 3 favorite Android apps of yours on your mobile phone [excluding games].

For me it's

1. OpenCamera - probably the best free Android camera I've used [Opensource]
2. TickTick - for to-do list, check-list & reminders and it works really well
3. Blokada - can't live without it since it keeps the ads away & is very light [Opensource]
Thanks for camera tip!

@root/ +1 for Waze

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
How does Blokada compare to AdGuard?

Reactions: Weebarra

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Blokada is lighter and its free. But other than that, Adguard paid version is better since it can block more and has a firewall.

Much lighter is the right word. Blockada is on 20th in my battery consumed list [with a negligible 0.6%] and Adguard is in 2-3rd position when I used to use it.

This makes a big difference in terms of usability. Blockada is really effective too given the number of filters it provides out of the box.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How do you count Blokada and Launcher apps as one of top 3? They run in the background while you use your phone for other things.

Reactions: Deleted member 178
D

Deleted member 178

How do you count Blokada and Launcher apps as one of top 3? They run in the background while you use your phone for other things.
yes i was intrigued too, my top battery eaters are Phone/sms, social apps/youtube and browsers...

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
That would be

• AdGuard
  • SoundHound
  • SDelete

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Just to stick within 3 apps would be hard but,

Blokada = as everyone above has listed why

Spotify = as @Umbra knows, i can not live without Metal in my life

YouTube = when i am bored, which happens quite a bit, i need entertainment.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.