Your favorite programming language

Tsiehshi

Level 2
Verified
Nov 11, 2017
Python - clean, easy to write without pesky brackets, type names and semicolons in the way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65228

C and Assembly are missing from the poll! :(

I picked C++ if its only out of the poll choices

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
PHP, I could never understand why people like Python, I like those brackets and semicolons in PHP

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
All languages are converted into the assembly language
Not really. Complied languages like C++ the compiler generates machine code. (depends on complier)
other example can be C#'s JIT and Java's VM both are not converted into assembly.
Also, I believe he's comparing them syntax-wise.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I know Python, C, C++, Java, VB.NET and the basics of C# and javascript.
I actually started to learn to program in Python at university, but after I learnt Java and C, I really prefer those over Python. I find it much clearer to read and write code that has neat semicolons and curly brackets, instead of for example Python that only uses indentation to separate your code into several blocks. Also object oriented programming is only limited available in Python, while the power of Java or C++ really lies in using OOP. Using inheritance in Python with all those
__init__ statements is really horrible compared to the java approach. Also simple things like that you write the type of a variable explicitly in java or C++ (for example int i =1) compared to python (i = 1) makes it much easier to find errors when debugging your code in my opinion.

Reactions: Winter Soldier

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Probably C. (not listed)

My least favourite without a doubt would be COBOL

D

Deleted member 65228

Assembly will offer a performance boost as long as the Assembly code is good, and native compilers tend to insert optimisation features into the compiled binary if it isn't disabled. The C++ run-time tends to come along with things you may not necessarily want as well (by default) and this can decrease performance, compared to C which won't have as much junk coming with it's run-time.

In regards to Assembly and machine code, some compilers do produce the source code down to assembler beforehand - and this can even be given back to you. Therefore, it isn't a definite that the compiler will generate the machine code straight away - for some compilers. A natively compiled program will end up being based on machine code anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

karthic1998

Level 4
Verified
Jan 23, 2017
Not really. Complied languages like C++ the compiler generates machine code. (depends on complier)
other example can be C#'s JIT and Java's VM both are not converted into assembly.
Also, I believe he's comparing them syntax-wise.
assembly language is a human convenience, so no architecture truly needs it. You could create an architecture without one if you really wanted to. But in practice, all architectures have an assembly language. First, it's very easy to create a new assembly language: give a textual name for all your machine opcodes and registers, add some syntax to represent the different addressing modes, and you're already mostly done. And even if all code was directly converted from a higher-level language directly to machine language, you still want an assembly language if only as a way of disassembling and visualizing machine code when hunting for compiler bugs, etc.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Well my main programming language is not in the list but no surprise because
AWL (Anweisungs-Lists) is a programming language for industrial automation, developed by Siemens for the Programmable Logic Controller ( PLC ), used in the management of industrial processes. AWL is a instruction list language in which instruction incorporates a specific operation (or function) of the PLC in form of mnemonic abbreviation. It is a text-based programming language similar to the assembly and AWL operations allow you to read or modify the values of the CPU logical stack.
AWL allows a full control of the PLC unit but unfortunately it is also much more complex compared to other programming languages of industrial automation ( Ladder for example ).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.