Your opinions about ARP Guard app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdallah

Level 1
Thread author
May 3, 2015
I want your opinions about ARP Guard (WiFi Security) app

In my opinion it is very solid app, tested it against some simple ARP spoofing windows apps and it works very well, lately the developer added (Full Internet Access) permission to the app, this is not a problem for me as I only gave it access to my local network through my android firewall app.

I want also to test it more, so if anybody here have good experiance about this kind of attacks it well be good.

orthonovum

Level 3
Verified
Jun 17, 2017
ARP spoofing is getting harder and harder to do without being detected specially since more and more networks are implementing host isolation so you cant see anyone else on the network. The trivial nature of ARP spoofing makes it do-able by anyone... it's just finding a network that it works on is becoming harder IMHO.

I do remember testing tools like arpguard and they worked pretty well. Doesn't hurt to use it but I found that an app called Wifi Privacy Police has been more useful for me out in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.