ZA Free Still a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
So ever since I got rid of NIS I have been playing around with Windows 7 Firewall. So today when I got home I though I would try the latest and greatest version of ZA Free. Well before I installed ZA Free I ran Comodo's CLT test. Windows 7 firewall scored a 210/340. Not bad when you consider that NIS got about the same. So I disabled Windows 7 firewall and install ZA Free and ran the Comodo CLT test......................Guess what I got for a score. A whooping 210/340. :lolz::lolz:

Epic failure for some firewall thats suppose to be top notch. And yes I know that ZA Pro is much better.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Who said it was supposed to be a top-notch Firewall?

G

Guest28

I'v tried ZA firewall free i did not have a strong taste for it. I always, liked my built in windows Firewall better. Last time iv tried ZA the installer got corrupted and i had to use the removal tool to uninstall it. The *true vector* service is very buggy. I wish ZA would just give the PRO firewall for free that would be great but i do not see that coming.

stormgtr on zone alarms web site it states that it is World's #1 Firewall. i think that's what he's referring to as *top notch* http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/anti-virus-spyware-free-download.htm

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
ZA was the one of the first software firewalls around and is still the most known. Hence the reason for top notch.

G

Guest28

I guess, Zone alarm would probably be better than Windows xp Firewall. But it should at least be better than windows 7 Firewall if they want to call it Top notch.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Top notch or not I would expect something that has been around for so long and is specifically what they do would be capable of at least besting the built-in firewall of the OS. Perhaps give Private Firewall a shot next?

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Nah..................Private Firewall is too ugly. LOL. Windows 7 Firewall w/Advanced Security settings is just fine. I hate answering pop ups. If anything I would go with Online Armor.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Dieselman said:
Nah..................Private Firewall is too ugly. LOL. Windows 7 Firewall w/Advanced Security settings is just fine. I hate answering pop ups. If anything I would go with Online Armor.

I really like OA, one aspect that I am particularly fond of is the Run Safer feature. It has just enough configuration to it that even some less techie people can figure it out and veterans can also use and enjoy what it offers.

EDIT: I had to come back to this one to say of all people you can't really be the one to care how it looks......lol!!!

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Unfortunately Online Armors's whitelist (part of OASIS) could use some improvements. As for Zone-Alarm free, I guess the main reason why it is popular is that most users find it easy to use.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
bogdan said:
Unfortunately Online Armors's whitelist (part of OASIS) could use some improvements. As for Zone-Alarm free, I guess the main reason why it is popular is that most users find it easy to use.

Agree, I've tried OA a few times on my system...and OASIS needs some serious improvements.....Regarding Zone Alarm. Free I've always seen it as a "not so good firewall" .Why? Because ZA Free is a true firewall meaning that it dosen't have a strong HIPS behind him....... :wink: ..so when it's compared with Comodo Firewall or OA it always falls behind

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
I heard that ZoneAlarm would get a whole new build in the near future? Let's hope that one will be better/not be this bad ;).

eXp

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.