Zemana Antilogger vs Qihoo 360 IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhwan

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
Recently I start Zemana Antilogger app, [ Qihoo 360 IS started up with Windows before], suddenly I see message from Zemana:
360 Internet Security Internet Prot...
safemon.dll is trying to log your keystrokes. Do not click Allow
unless this is a legitimate application.

Application : safemon.dll
Company : (Verified) QIHU 360 SOFTWARE CO. LIMI...
Activity : KeyLogger

Anyone can explain to me whats happen with Qihoo 360 IS according to Zemana detection??

Reactions: Moose

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
just stop installing security software use one product and thats it
i said it before DO NOT INSTALL ANY SECURITY SOFTWARE That was not on the market for long time and tested. all the anti keys and logers will drive crazy with false positive in the good case on the bad they will kill your OS. 1 GOOD AV

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Qihoo 360 Software (Beijing) Company Limited
It is installed within the context of Internet Explore as a BHO (Browser Helper Object) under the name ‘SafeMon

http://www.herdprotect.com/safemon.dll-aab15a201b3b16e5fa767a8b9c185cf05aca4877.aspx

Basically its something to do as toolbar/extension for protection capabilities, Anti-Keylogger may act like a HIPS style since the basis on how they detect may be literally same however not all applications should flag as keylogger as different functions perform.

dhwan

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
just stop installing security software use one product and thats it
i said it before DO NOT INSTALL ANY SECURITY SOFTWARE That was not on the market for long time and tested. all the anti keys and logers will drive crazy with false positive in the good case on the bad they will kill your OS. 1 GOOD AV
what must I do for uninstall which one?

Reactions: nissimezra

dhwan

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
Reactions: nissimezra
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.