Zemana AntiMalware

Product name
Zemana AntiMalware
Pros
  • - Quick and easy setup (less than a few minutes at)
    - Cloud-based scanning product (stay up to date with latest threats without having to download updates for databases)
    - Lightweight on system resources (2 processes, one for UI & another under SYSTEM. Memory usage of both of them for me is around 21mb). I don't feel any slowdowns whilst using the product.
    - Uses multiple anti-virus/anti-malware scanners. (including: ESET, Kaspersky, Bitdefendender, others as well) (+ great detection rate)
    - Quarantine (to lockdown detections from escaping & executing on the system)
    - Fast scanner with two scan modes to choose from (Smart, deep & custom scan)
    - Registry scanner included in smart/deep scans
    - Scheduled scans support
    - Multi language support (28+ languages)
    - Nice & easy to use UI
CONS
- FPs may be high at times (since it uses multiple AV engines, FP rates can be high occassionally but the detection is still great and its not an issue to notice a few FPs here and there since every security product has them!)
- Real-Time protection for when a file is accessed / written or some sort of malicious URL protection could be nice and helpful. (I know recently they updated a BETA version with process scanning)
BOTTOM LINE
Zemana AntiMalware is a decent Anti-Malware product which does a goob job at finding and cleaning malware in my opinion. If you feel your system may be infected, you should give Zemana AntiMalware a spin for its second opinion alongside your existing AV/IS software! :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.