Zeno's configuration

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Maybe you can add another on demand scanner like Emsisoft Emergency Kit ( free ) or HitmanPro (paid).
You can add another browser chromium based in case you have a problem with Mozilla based browsers.
Your config is good i like it.
Thanks for sharing

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Zeno, thank you for sharing your configuration. I like your browsers, your extensions, though I have not yet tried Dashlane , and I use Pale Moon's portable 64 bit browser myself.:) I also like your Avatar!!:D Skipper leads a team that keeps the world safe from:eek:Evil!!!:p:D

I agree with Sr. Normal's recommendation of LastPass as it is among my favorite most trusted add-ons.;) Before I'd grown more confident in using this well liked encryption security tool, I wrote down a handful of my most often used 17 character passwords on a 3 by 5 card, just in case..:rolleyes:
Well, I have never had to resort to using any of the carefully written passwords manually ever since LastPass began helping to make my family's internet lives more convenient and secure.:):)

Your lap top's configuration appears quick and solid. Since you are familiar with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, they also develop a zero day (anti-exploit) protection; and besides a premium paid version there is a free version you can get here:
Tread carefully with registry entries. Time and again I've gathered from the Wise Oracles of Malware Tips that CCleaner is a preferable and safe utility. It's also something that can be used daily to enhance your privacy by sweeping away accumulated files that are unnecessary.
At the bottom of the page is the option to download their portable version (under builds) extracted onto an external USB flash drive.

Thanks again for sharing ..and for reading all of this!:p

Edit: Hm, I might just take tonibalas' suggestion of Emsisoft Emergency Kit myself.;)

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Very fine configuration, well only realizing you have both Glary Utilities and ASC Pro, so better choose one of them since cleaning abilities algorithm are almost same with minimal differences. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.