Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Zero Days (2016) - IMDb

I watched this movie yesterday and it was awesome! Not only did it start from the beginning on how they found out Stuxnet, it goes deeper and allegedly talks to one of the creators/assistants. Very cool!

Of course some may say it's anti-America or something...
On a sidenote, I've been listening and watching Mikko Hypponen's podcasts and shows on Youtube. I can only conclude one-two nations that might have done it.

Check it out if you can :)

N

NullByte

What USA did with stuxnet is really bad because it starts a new era, if you use sponsor-state attacks and malware like stuxnet / finspy and so on, we will start cyberwars on a international level.

The worst part is that most security companies knew about this but they didn't do anything. You know the .... "Top Security Companies".

Also who made StuxNet made DuQu too :)

Lord Ami

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
The worst part is that most security companies knew about this but they didn't do anything. You know the .... "Top Security Companies".

Well it is arguable. But check the movie if you haven't. It has lots of details on what they initially thought it was and how they progressed to find out what it's real purpose is.

Anyway, Stuxnet as we know it today was not meant "to go loose". But it did... that is how general public found out about it.

Moreover, since no one has taken responsibility for Stuxnet, we can only assume things. We might know who did it, but we can not prove it 100% just yet.

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
What USA did with stuxnet is really bad because it starts a new era, if you use sponsor-state attacks and malware like stuxnet / finspy and so on, we will start cyberwars on a international level.

Also who made StuxNet made DuQu too :)

Actually, USA is not only the pioneer of this kind action. China has shadow network and ghostnet.

L

LabZero

Thanks for sharing, I'll watch it for sure.
Beyond the technical and geopolitical problems that Stuxnet has caused, I would like to say that this is a dangerous precedent, we think, for example Irongate, designed to hit industrial control systems (ICS) and SCADA.

From the time of the emergence of Stuxnet, I haven't noticed, in general, great progress in the solution of these problems, now highlighted by Irongate. Due to the increasing level of accessibility of such attacks, it bothers the objective lack of specific protections.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.