“Browse to Save” is an adware program that will display their own ads on eBay,Amazon,Walmart and other the web pages that you are visiting.These advertisements will be shown as boxes containing various coupons that are available or as underlined keywords, which when clicked will display an advertisement that states it is brought to you by “Browse to Save”.
“Browse to Save” got on your computer after you have installed another program that had bundled in their installer the “Browse to Save” adware.
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this “Browse to Save”. Be very careful what you agree to install. Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
“Browse to Save” – Adware Removal Instructions
STEP 1 : Uninstall “Browse to Save” from your computer
“Browse to Save” has installed a program called “Browse to Save” Toolbar on your computer which we will need to uninstall.
- To uninstall “Browse to Save” program from your computer,click the Start button,then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program. (Add or Remove Programs for Windows XP)
- Search and uninstall “Brows2Save” program from your computer.
Please keep in mind that on some computers, this program might be renamed, if you can’t find “Browse to Save” on your list,then carefully look for any suspicious program and uninstall it from your computer.
STEP 2 : Remove the “Browse to Save” extension from your browser
“Browse to Save” is an add-on for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome that is typically installed when you install other free programs.To get rid of it’s pop-ups we need to remove the Browse2Save extension.
Please keep in mind that on some computers, this program might have added a different named extensions (YouTube Downloader Toolbar, WXDownloadFast, PDF Source Forge Toolbar, IObit toolbar, StartNow Toolbar or RewardsArcade), so if you can’t find “Browse to Save” on your list,then carefully look for any suspicious program and remove it from your browser.
Remove “Browse to Save” from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer,then click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right) and then select Manage add-ons
- From the Toolbars and Extensions tab, select “Browse to Save” and click Disable.
Remove “Browse to Save” from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, then select Add-ons.
- Select the Extensions tab, then remove “Browse to Save” from Firefox.
Remove “Browse to Save” from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar,select Tools and then click on Extensions.
- In the Extensions tab,remove (by clicking on the Recycle Bin) the “Browse2Save” extension from your computer.
STEP 3: Remove “Browse to Save” registry keys with AdwCleaner.
- You can download AdwCleaner from the below link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLAOD LINK (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)
- Before starting this utility,close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete,then confirm each time with Ok.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT,double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Uninstall,then confirm with yes to remove this utility from your computer.
STEP 4: Run a computer scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the below link,then double click on it to install this program.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK(This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process.
DO NOT make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked,then click on the Finish button.
- On the Scanner tab,select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer as shown below.
- When the Malwarebytes scan will be completed,click on Show Result.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.
STEP 5: Double check your system for any left over infections with HitmanPro
- You can download the latest version of HitmanPro from the below link.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download HitmanPro)
- Double click on the previously downloaded file to start the HitmanPro installation.
- Click on Next to install HitmanPro on your system.
- The setup screen is displayed, from which you can decide whether you wish to install HitmanPro on your machine or just perform a one-time scan, select a option then click on Next to start a system scan.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your system for malicious files as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the malicious files that the program has found.Click on Nextto remove this malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove the malicious files.