Product name
360 TOTAL SECURITY 6.2

CNJJ

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
Hello
Had some 360 full security testing days 6, but in my experience is that this antivirus detects
very many false alarms, legitimate applications virus.For 360 detects them as everything is
virus.Creo there are applications thousand times better than the 360, such as AVG 2015
BITDEFENDER ANTIVIRUS FREE.Por therefore NOT RECOMMEND TO IMPROVE YOUR HIGH RATE OF FALSE
ALARMS.
They have to improve a lot, they have a long way to go.
Everything covered I have reason to have 360 in my system.
See you soon.

Reactions: omidomi and yigido

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Were you using QTS Essentials or Standard? With or without the Avira/Bitdefender engines?

Reactions: Odysseas Magas
S

Sr. Normal

I'm using Qihoo not watch that has as many false positives as comets . In fact Malwarebytes , for example, has more false positives and has the highest credibility.

That's True...
Qihoo 360 Detects WinRAR as Virus! WTF? o_O

What detected in the program or in the installer ?
If the installer detects more viruses being detected PUPs

I do not say you do not have false positives, but I think it is a highly recommended AV, in fact , to me, is the best free antivirus now.

Hello
Had some 360 full security testing days 6, but in my experience is that this antivirus detects
very many false alarms, legitimate applications virus.For 360 detects them as everything is
virus.Creo there are applications thousand times better than the 360, such as AVG 2015
BITDEFENDER ANTIVIRUS FREE.Por therefore NOT RECOMMEND TO IMPROVE YOUR HIGH RATE OF FALSE
ALARMS.
They have to improve a lot, they have a long way to go.
Everything covered I have reason to have 360 in my system.
See you soon.

I wish you had brought some data. Add a personal opinion in case it does not seem convincing enough . I see no comparative or objective data on which you support your opinion. I offer a few links so you can compare between the AV in which you trust with which you seem so bad

http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php

http://www.av-test.org/es/antivirus/usuarios-finales-windows/

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I would not be surprise if its from QVM but there could be possibility where Avira FP cannot control sometimes, as recent test from AV-Comparatives publish report.

Reactions: Sr. Normal

Odysseas Magas

Level 2
Verified
Feb 8, 2015
I'm using Qihoo not watch that has as many false positives as comets . In fact Malwarebytes , for example, has more false positives and has the highest credibility.

What detected in the program or in the installer ?
If the installer detects more viruses being detected PUPs

I do not say you do not have false positives, but I think it is a highly recommended AV, in fact , to me, is the best free antivirus now.

I wish you had brought some data. Add a personal opinion in case it does not seem convincing enough . I see no comparative or objective data on which you support your opinion. I offer a few links so you can compare between the AV in which you trust with which you seem so bad

http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php

http://www.av-test.org/es/antivirus/usuarios-finales-windows/
Detect's the Program,not the Installer

Reactions: Sr. Normal

CNJJ

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
Hello
it Wanted to highlight 2 points.
1.-I have proved many antivirus, and some that others antivirus detect false alarms, but the false alarms of 360 total security is BRUTAL, Baidud Antivirus the false alarms are very little.

2.-The engines of Bitdefender and Avira, I have them activated, but until today they do not detect anything, it is as that they did not exist; in addition the updates estan out of date with mas of 24 hours of lag. It is not possible that it detects legitimate files of program as threats (360 TS, it is the only one that it detects.
Up to soon.

S

Sr. Normal

Qihoo 360 is probably the free antivirus most valued in this forum .

See this link that is by far the favorite among free and above most payment. http://malwaretips.com/threads/best-antivirus-2015.44481/

I understand you do not like , I understand you do not feel comfortable with it , but you should try a little more, you 'll see it's not so exaggerated the number of FP , their detection and defense are very large. Avira and Bitdefender are AVs with enough FP and Qihoo has 5 engines !, is normal to have more false positives that they have only one AV engine, but has many good things , HIPS, Sandbox ....

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
but the false alarms of 360 total security is BRUTAL, Baidud Antivirus the false alarms are very little.
Where is the data to support your assertion? According to AV-C report, March 2015, Avast and 'Baidud' (your apt renaming of the AV) were the worst FP offenders.

yongsua

Level 2
Verified
Mar 21, 2015
Qihoo 360 is probably the free antivirus most valued in this forum .

See this link that is by far the favorite among free and above most payment. http://malwaretips.com/threads/best-antivirus-2015.44481/

I understand you do not like , I understand you do not feel comfortable with it , but you should try a little more, you 'll see it's not so exaggerated the number of FP , their detection and defense are very large. Avira and Bitdefender are AVs with enough FP and Qihoo has 5 engines !, is normal to have more false positives that they have only one AV engine, but has many good things , HIPS, Sandbox ....
IMHO, Qihoo has its own engine too. Those FPs probably come from Qihoo engine itself, especially the heuristic detection, but not the other AV engines.

CNJJ

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
Hello
I present evidence of what makes 360 Total security, legitimate autocad 2010 files detected as a
threat, and other legitimate files that have used for years, and no antivirus all what I used to
detected the files here presentados.Ni even Baidu antivirus antivirus detected this.The is not
bad but lacks much recorrer.Espero than in version 7 improves the lot of fake having.
For now I prefer to use an antivirus with their own motorcomo it is: COMODO INTERNET SECURITY
8.2 (FREE), which is a real strength.
It is my humble opinion.
See you soon.
upload_2015-4-27_14-34-1.png

upload_2015-4-27_14-35-13.png

upload_2015-4-27_14-36-11.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.