WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
mine isn't. and i'm basing everything in what i experience on my pc with system restore

I knew we are talking of different things. My focus is System Restore (plain vanilla) which is different from Windows Backup/Previous Versions. I don't use Windows Backup

Fullscreen%252520capture%2525207262015%25252081023%252520AM.bmp.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Exterminator

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Quick question. Would Webroot's rollback feature help in recovering those files?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I think consider the scanner product of Dr.Web CureIT which does the same function to disinfect the files as much as possible, so goes to Kaspersky Rescue Disk/Removal Tool.

You may consider ESET as they have features on how the disinfection process should covered either from simple to strict cleaning.

I

illumination

Thread author
This thread has jumped all over the place.

The best action you can take to prevent losing any documents is as stated in a couple replies "back them up externally"
You are never guaranteed an intact file after removing malware with any solution.

Reactions: Exterminator

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
mine isn't. and i'm basing everything in what i experience on my pc with system restore

I knew we are talking of different things. My focus is System Restore (plain vanilla) which is different from Windows Backup/Previous Versions. I don't use Windows Backup

Fullscreen%252520capture%2525207262015%25252081023%252520AM.bmp.jpg

Last edited:

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
my point is about system restore and nothing else san 3rd party system restore explorer.

it's simple english

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
my point is about system restore and nothing else san 3rd party system restore explorer.

it's simple english
ok what ever you want. you are right I'm wrong. sorry my mistake.

sometimes I wonder why am I trying to teach people that dont want to learn.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.