Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
The only reason they did the tweak was to improve the performance test results, showing that even though you had their AV installed your read/write speed would not be decreased. But in any case that would mean that their detection scores would have gone down?

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
The only reason they did the tweak was to improve the performance test results, showing that even though you had their AV installed your read/write speed would not be decreased. But in any case that would mean that their detection scores would have gone down?

Just taking an educated guess here and anyone is more than welcome to correct me. This is for Baidu. Personally I do not know how THEY (AV testing groups) do the test but looking at these results, real world protection is suffering a lot while file detection is not. Maybe they test detection by scanning files (right click/contextual scan) and not running them/moving them and having real time pick it up. In this case, the performance would stay high while detection would also remain high. For all I know they tell you on their sites how they do it and I'm just too lazy to read it.

But anyway, if this is the cause, and they do download the AV from the site like any regular user, one could test my theory. I'd personally not do it unless in a virtual machine. I've tested Baidu before and did not have a fun time with removing it.

Also I have to wonder if maybe someone else already thought like myself. I can't be the first to come up with that. I feel like it's too simple...

Volnus

May 11, 2015
I am not the only one who laughed when they cheated and probably hurt their protection scores was I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.