Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
ESS 8 on idle

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.03.02_17h29m41s_001_.png

It is going to fluctuate depending what ESET is doing updating,scanning,etc. I wouldnt worry about numbers but more on how it performs on your system.I have never experienced any noticeable performance issues running ESET even on older machines.
As @hjlbx pointed out the CPU usage is more important than the ram

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I dont know how to check cpu usage.
Its below 10 on idle. If I refresh a browser page, sometimes it goes to 30, sometimes 50, sometimes 70 & back to normal but things feel light.

CPU Usage = value in CPU column in Task Manager

The increasing/decreasing value is normal. ESET or Avast! - in either case it will be alright.

CPU.PNG

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
In Avast CONS, what is Sandbox set to allow?

I have Nod32 on one system, though task manager shows around 100k for its service process but everything is running light.

By default Avast deep screen (sandbox) will allow unknown applications to run (probably they like to reduce number of legit software blocking) but according security this is rediculus. If you will use Avast be sure to deactivate deep screen and enable ''Hardened Mode'' instead which gives you better protection with a few possible legit software detection (which is better than to be infected)

Reactions: yigido

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Try both and check which one suits you better, since you got the keys for both and not deciding which one to buy.

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
Personally, I'd rather Eset but best to try both and then decide which one to choose.
but I wbrałbym without trying Eset.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
Avast (subjectiv) ,very light,very good protection and Avast customer support ist great (Eset support always problems...)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.