App Review Avast Premier 2015 BETA 3 (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

Manzai

Thread author

Avast has an average score in this test.
About URLs, Avast blocks medium. 1 Zbot, Trojans and Multidrop were not blocked by Avast.

On the pack, Avast detects and blocks 115 files 7 other files. The system is infected. Norton and HitmanPro detect 4 Trojans in the end.

Advice: Average for the moment.

Stars : 2,5/5

Song 1 : K-391 - Beast Coast 2014
Song 2 : Deltabeatz & Sevirt - Siberia (Original Mix)

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
"AVAST NG
A hardware based virtualization solution capable of running each Windows process in standalone safe virtualized environment (VM) and fully integrated to your desktop. Each process is executed in its own instance of VM, which means totally isolated from your other applications. This feature is now powering the Avast DeepScreen, resulting in better detection. The technology will also eventually power the Sandbox and SafeZone components (although it does not now).

Note: In this beta build, not all detections are 100% operable yet, so I wouldn't recommend using the new DeepScreen for detection testing for now. It will be 100% operable in the next couple of weeks - we will certainly let you know when is the good time to start testing with your malware collections
smiley.gif

Note 2: Avast NG can be installed only on physical machine, does not work in VM. It requires HW virtualization enabled.
"

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=155794.0

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Excellent test once more Manzai.
Avast needs more improvement,however it is still in beta stage so we need to wait.
My personal opinion is that i don't expect great improvements from ''Deep Screen'' with this ''default allow'' action.
On the other hand Hardened mode is ''default deny''
I think avast needs to find another way of blocking unknown files.......

R

RevolutionSphere

Thread author
Good test Manzai, to be fair I would say that Avast didn't do a bad job here. But you shouldn't expect much, considering it's a beta.

Reactions: Manzai

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Excellent test once more Manzai.
Avast needs more improvement,however it is still in beta stage so we need to wait.
My personal opinion is that i don't expect great improvements from ''Deep Screen'' with this ''default allow'' action.
On the other hand Hardened mode is ''default deny''
I think avast needs to find another way of blocking unknown files.......
im not shocked that it happen avast is known to have bad zero day protection

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
Their zero day will be better in Avast 2015, dont worry :)

I tested it myself in Beta2 and it was already better. But remember, there are only 500 employees at Avast HQ i think.

Reactions: Manzai

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.